Solved

Copenhague to Oslo : additional fees ?

• 4 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi !

I would like to book 2 tickets to travel from Copenhague to Oslo on february 13th (with a change at Goteborg).
On interrail website it is impossible to book seats, but I found a possibility to book on sj.se
However there are additional fees while it’s not mentioned on interrail portail (see picture above where it’s mentionned “included”) : 

Do you have recommandations for this kind of trips ?

Is it better not to book anything or should I pay the extra 1064 SEK (see picture above, I have made a simulation with interrail pass information on sj.se) ?

Is there any other way to book seats on those 2 trains without paying extra fees ?

Thank you for your help :)

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 4 January 2023, 23:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And even more so for the suburban sets they now use for Göt-NO, about complete empty when I used it last sept.-it turned out there is a competing bus that is a lot quicker for normal souls.

Maybe at that time. Currently, the fastest buses have the same travel time as the trains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And even more so for the suburban sets they now use for Göt-NO, about complete empty when I used it last sept.-it turned out there is a competing bus that is a lot quicker for normal souls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Indeed, no reservations needed. And IMO, a reservation from Copenhagen to Göteborg in the regional train is a waste of money.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The problem with sj.se and Interrail is that if you mix trains from different operators they give you the full price and they don’t consider that Interrail is your ticket.

If you want a seat reservation on Öresundståg you need to make a reservation from Köpenamn to Göteborg. It should be 30 SEK per person. But you need to actively select what type seat you want to have. Otherwise, at least last tlme I checked, you pay 30 SEK for nothing as you don’t get a reservation for a specific seat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no need to make seat reservations on these trains. The price you see at SJ is the full price ticket.