Solved

Eurail Italy pass

• 18 April 2023
  • 7 replies

1.I already bought Eurail Italy Pass. if i choose a station Chiasso(Switzerland) to Milano Centrale can i use this pass without pay? (from Switzterland i also have Swiss pass).

2. I try to use planner in eurail app, I choose Chiasso to Milano Centrale (use filter " pass network only") and they show timetable that I can select, is it can use my eurail Italy pass?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 18 April 2023, 15:36

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes the border point is Chiasso so it's no problem.

I'd advise to take the RE from/to Milan so you don't have to pay 11€ for the seat reservation on EC trains. The hourly RE train doesn't take more time

Thank you for your advise

I will purchase the italy pass for 6days within 1 month. Is the use on successive days for a month or can the pass be used for 6 travel days within a month, not successively.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

6 days of your choice during a month period (for example 11th January - 10th February).

Seat reservations are required on fast/high-speed trains in Italy (3€ IC, 13€ Frecciarossa). If you don’t need flexibility advance tickets might be cheaper (compare Trenitalia and .italo fares).

@thibcabe thank you for your reply esp your tip tip to compare the one country eurail pass with trenitalia and italo… these have been very helpful. i fly in Milan then go to BErgamo ( day trips to lecco ) then Verona ( day trips to venice, to florence ) Milan.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@thibcabe thank you for your reply esp your tip tip to compare the one country eurail pass with trenitalia and italo… these have been very helpful. i fly in Milan then go to BErgamo ( day trips to lecco ) then Verona ( day trips to venice, to florence ) Milan.. 

If that is the entirety of your travel then a pass would not pay for itself.

Most of that can only be done on regional trains which are cheap and cannot be reserved in advance.

Only Verona - Florence and return would benefit from booking in advance and taking fast Freccearossa trains.

@Al_G your recommendation is most appreciated and very helpful . Thank you so much… I will take you advice instead