Solved

Eurostar cancelled, can't rebook online, customer centre closed help please

• 26 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Our Eurostar train has been cancelled for Tuesday 28th March.  We can't reschedule for that day online as their website is down and as it's the weekend, the Customer Helpline is closed. We have reservations. Can we deactivate this journey in our planner and rebook another train on that day via rail planner without loosing our reservation money (appreciate that we may have to have other seats).  We are desperate as we already have accomodation booked in Paris (non-refundable)

icon

Best answer by ralderton 26 March 2023, 14:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should be able to rebook your train via Manage Booking on the Eurostar website, using your booking reference (6 letters). Do you get any options there?

www.eurostar.com is working for me.

You can’t rebook via the Rail Planner. You have to rebook via Eurostar. But then you can change the train in Rail Planner to match what you have rebooked to.

If you are on a flexipass, make sure you deactivate any travel for Tuesday by latest 2359 CET on Monday night, otherwise it will use a travel day.

There are still trains running on the 28th, and Eurostar will rebook you for free. Don’y pay anything!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should definitely deactivate the journey in you pass. You should in fact never activate a journey until just before boarding the train. 

Thanks Anna, good point but we thought we had to activate it because we have reservations?

Nope, no activation needed. You can in fact buy most reservations without even having a pass. Not via Interrail of course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should definitely deactivate the journey in you pass. You should in fact never activate a journey until just before boarding the train. 

You should be able to rebook your train via Manage Booking on the Eurostar website, using your booking reference (6 letters). Do you get any options there?

www.eurostar.com is working for me.

You can’t rebook via the Rail Planner. You have to rebook via Eurostar. But then you can change the train in Rail Planner to match what you have rebooked to.

If you are on a flexipass, make sure you deactivate any travel for Tuesday by latest 2359 CET on Monday night, otherwise it will use a travel day.

There are still trains running on the 28th, and Eurostar will rebook you for free. Don’y pay anything!

Thankyou but we've tried this and it just says "almost there just a few mins left" and we wait and wait until it times out 😏

Thanks Anna, good point but we thought we had to activate it because we have reservations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It might be worth trying a different browser?

If you’re in London, you could go in person to St Pancras, but I would think it will sort itself out between now and Tuesday. I know it’s frustrating not to be able to rebook though