Solved

Florence to Pisa

• 30 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m planning on adding a stop to Pisa but using alternative transport instead of the interrail pass so it doesn’t use up one of my travel days. I want a one way ticket to Pisa from Florence. I’ve looked into flix bus but the pick up stop is very far away from where I’ll be staying. Are there trains which will take me there instead and do these have to be booked in advance. 

thanks. 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 31 December 2022, 00:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m planning on adding a stop to Pisa but using alternative transport instead of the interrail pass so it doesn’t use up one of my travel days. I want a one way ticket to Pisa from Florence. I’ve looked into flix bus but the pick up stop is very far away from where I’ll be staying. Are there trains which will take me there instead and do these have to be booked in advance. 

just take a regionaltrain costs are arround 15€ check on trenitalia.com 

When I do this, is ‘Floristella’ the main station in Florence (Florence S.M.N) as there are no other options and no results showing. 

What date are you looking for?

I tried a random date in January on trenitalia.com and found plenty of possibilities with regional trains from Firenze SMN:

Badge +5

Trainline is a legitimate site. Check what the additional charges will be. The fare you quote might be a non-flexible train specific fare. Firenze SMN is the main station. No point buying in advance for this journey and if you are worried about the language all the ticket machines have an English menu and most ticket office staff speak some English. Beware of pickpockets and luggage thieves when using the machines these are classic distraction locations!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

thanks. 

When I do this, is ‘Floristella’ the main station in Florence (Florence S.M.N) as there are no other options and no results showing. 

However if I look on Trainline (https://www.thetrainline.com/book/results) there is an option for around £8. Although I’m not sure if this is legitimate/reliable. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Treni regionale about ev hour and cost even a lot less as that 15€-just buy ticket from machine on day of travel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

thanks.