Solved

Going to Gstaad in Golden Pass Train

• 2 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello Everyone…

So excited to join this community.. I have one question:

I am planning for Switzerland and Italy trip in the month of May 2023. following will be my itinerary:

1. Zurich - 2 Nights
  2. Lucerne - 2 Nights
  3. Interlaken - 4 Nights
  4. Bern ( Day trip from Interlaken)
  5. Milan - 2 Nights
  6. Venice - 1 Night
  7. Florence - 2 Nights
  8. Pisa (Day trip from Florence)
  9. Rome - 3 Nights

I am planning to Buy 10 Day trip Eurail Pass as I have total 9 days of travel, so if i wants to add Gstaad  and Saanen (Golden Pass train) will it count as 1 Day trip ? What about Grindlewald first and Lauterbrunen are these covered in Eurail pass ? or i have to take tickets for these trains? also what about Lucerne to Engleberg for Mount Titlis?  

icon

Best answer by MartinM 2 February 2023, 07:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yea, you can. One travel day is from 0.00 until 23.59 and you can board as many trains as you want during that time.

Hi Haris,

yes, if you still have one day left on your pass, then you can go to Gstaad and Saanen. 

The trains from Interlaken to Grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen are NOT included in Interrail. But you get a discount with EURAIL. Buy tickets at the station in Interlaken for that. 

The train from Luzern to Engelberg is included. To get to Titlis you have to buy a separate ticket. The EURAIL pass should give you a discount for this.

Hey MartinM,

you mention that “The train from Luzern to Engelberg”, does that mean that travelling to Engelberg will count as a 1 day travel? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

you mention that “The train from Luzern to Engelberg”, does that mean that travelling to Engelberg will count as a 1 day travel? 

More like: you need a valid travel day to take use that train, or any other train. On a travel day, you can board as many trains as you want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

All days (00.00-23.59 CET) when you board a train (or ferry) where you use your Eurail pass to get a 100% discount on the ticket, that is where you use your Eurail pass as a ticket, are travel days.

If you have a flexi pass you can look at the price of normal tickets and compare with the cost for a travel day. For short travels normal tickets can be cheaper and you can save travel days for longer travels.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Haris,

yes, if you still have one day left on your pass, then you can go to Gstaad and Saanen. 

The trains from Interlaken to Grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen are NOT included in Interrail. But you get a discount with EURAIL. Buy tickets at the station in Interlaken for that. 

The train from Luzern to Engelberg is included. To get to Titlis you have to buy a separate ticket. The EURAIL pass should give you a discount for this.

Hi Haris,

Hello MartinM,

Thanks for your reply… Just wants to ask one more thing.. that is can i travel to 2 cities or 3 cities in 1 travel day? for example Florence to Pisa then Pisa to Monterosso and back to Florence?