Greek island pass for Greek citizens/residents

• 10 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hey there!

I have a question about the Greek island pass. My boyfriend has a Greek citizenship but is living with me in Austria. We want to use the Greek island pass for our summer holiday. 

Is he as a Greek citizen but resident in Austria allowed to use the interrail Greek Island pass?

At the FAQ it says residents can use it. 

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/the-greek-islands-pass/can-italian-and-greek-residents-use-the-greek-islands-pass?_gl=1*143y0ie*_up*MQ..*_ga*ODMxNDQ5NDgwLjE2Nzg0NTg5MTE.*_ga_FKQD41PGGX*NjNiY2FmZWQtZmZjYS0wZjU3LWJlYzItNmE1NDdiZGU2ODJhLjIuMC4xNjc4NDYyMDA4LjAuMC4w

But under terms and conditions it says he can not use it. 

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/one-country-pass/greece-passes/greek-islands#terms-and-conditions

I'm a bit confused, maybe someone else had the same issue before. 

Thank in advance! 

Camilo. 1 year ago

Hi @Christina Just 

After verifying internally, indeed Greek citizens or residents can use/purchase a Greek Island Pass. The information will be corrected in our website. 

Thank you @rvdborgt for flagging this issue!

Have a nice day!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interesting. From consumer legislation follows that in case of conflicting conditions, the version most favourable to the customer applies. I'd say just go ahead and buy your passes. They should also be available at the ticket office in Austria. You then don't have to pay for delivery and you'll have the pass immediately.

Additionally, it is quite strange that the conditions say that persons with Greek nationality cannot use it, whereas for other passes, it's residency that counts.

@Camilo. @Mukhammad could you please look into these conflicting rules?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Christina Just 

As @rvdborgt mentioned, the residence is what counts in this case, not the nationality. If your boyfriend has an official residence in Austria, meaning he can show a “Meldezettel”, it should not be a problem. 

I will inform internally, so the information can be corrected. 

Have a nice weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As @rvdborgt mentioned, the residence is what counts in this case, not the nationality. If your boyfriend has an official residence in Austria, meaning he can show a “Meldezettel”, it should not be a problem. 

I will inform internally, so the information can be corrected. 

So is residency important for the Greek Islands pass? I mean, I suppose that FAQ wasn't written without purpose.

Thank you both for your help!

Wishing you a nice weekend too! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Christina Just 

After verifying internally, indeed Greek citizens or residents can use/purchase a Greek Island Pass. The information will be corrected in our website. 

Thank you @rvdborgt for flagging this issue!

Have a nice day!