Solved

Can't book reservations via email - Greek Island Pass; no response

• 24 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi I'm looking to buy 5 greek island passes for my family. I emailed Attica group to ask about the reservations 3 days ago and have not heard back. We travel in 1 month and I read reservations need to be made a month in advance. We are in the US so also wanted to know if when I buy the passes if I will get an electronic pass so that I have all the info I need to reserve our ferries wether it be online, via email or over the phone. 
Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 June 2022, 00:57

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Greek Island Pass is a paper pass with a delivery time of 2 months.

There are some places in Europe where you can buy the pass, but I don't know where.

@seewulf @rvdborgt  Where in Europe can the Greek Islands Pass be bought?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I only know for sure where DB sell Eurail passes because they write that in their conditions of carriage:

Berlin Hbf, Berlin Flughafen BER, Dresden Hbf, Düsseldorf Hbf, Frankfurt(M) Hbf, Frankfurt (M) Flughafen, Hamburg Hbf, Hannover Hbf, Heidelberg Hbf, Köln Hbf, Leipzig Hbf, München Hbf, München Flughafen, Stuttgart Hbf, DB UK Surbiton (London).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Maybe it is possible to buy Eurail passes at more of the Eurail aid offices listed here:

https://www.eurail.com/en/get-inspired/trains-europe/useful-train-information/eurail-aid-offices

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And apparentlyDSK in Kobenhavn, Aarhus, odense.

Surbiton is just an office in GB without any visitor possibility-plus that it may in the meantime have been cancelled alltogether,

@rvdborgt are any of the places you mention in France or Spain? Thank you!

@mcadv you are a delight! thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt are any of the places you mention in France or Spain? Thank you!

No, but you could call SNCF (press #85 for English) and ask if they sell the Eurail passes anywhere in France and if they then also sell the Eurail Greek Islands pass.

The same for RENFE in Spain, phone number is +34 91 232 03 20. They have some Eurail aid offices so there's a chance they also sell Eurail passes there.

I called RENFE yesterday, I was told that stations listed under Eurail aid offices would be able to help. I asked if the Charmatin Station (which is listed on EURAIL website) sells the pass, I was told YES!  Since I have a friend in Madrid, she walked 1 hour to said station, stood in 2 different lines at the end… they DONT HAVE THEM. How is this pass only meant for foreigners yet so difficult for foreigners to obtain? My girlfriend will go to another bigger station tomorrow that sells Eurail. Hopefully they have the greek paper pass there. :/

I have just called SNCF and I was told they do not have any offices in all of France that sell Greek Island PAPER PASS. They directed me to go online and purchase it. The RENFE office directed me to one of their stations in Madrid, my gf went yesterday and she was told they don’t sell them either, they didn’t sell any Eurail passes at all. Only Interail. SO COMPLICATED, I wish the main Eurail website would just post some of this very important information on their website, as this forum is alot of run around. Been over a week of questions and answers and I’m still completely LOST.