Solved

HELP - IPHONE STOLEN

• 20 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hey, 

My phone got stolen this thursday which had my TWO mobile pass activated on it. I’m set to travel but I’m unable to activate my TWO pass on a new device. I have used two methods of contact on the website but the bot doesn’t understand my questions !! . I’m worried that I won’t get a reply and sort out my pass before my travel start. Please can anyone provide any help or advice on how to get back my pass ? 

For information, I got 2 pass for my friend and me on the same email address and there are paid with the samed credit card. I have the billing confirmation. We had already booked our trip to Vienna ! 

HELP PLEASE 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 20 November 2022, 19:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Contact customer service here:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Mention the pass numbers (from the confirmation mail or your Interrail account) and when you start to travel. They'll disconnect the passes from your old device so you can connect them to your new device. There's normally a reply within a few hours.

By the way, it's not a good idea to activate mobile passes in advance (nor any travel days or inbound/outbound journeys) since you never know what will happen and you can only cancel until midnight CET before validity starts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Use the form below to contact Customer Support. Write the pass numbers that need to be disconnected from the stolen phone and clearly write the start date of your travel. People who are currently travelling and those who will be travelling within the next days normally get help within a few hours.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Hello Anna, 

Thank you for your reply. It has been solved but now I have an other issue. I am trying to add the pass but they keep telling I have a connexion problem but I don’t understand it should work… I tried with with my wifi and my 4G. Thank you for your reply 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Can you access the Internet with your phone or is it only the rail planner app that shows this message?

If no internet access then check the settings in your phone that data is turned on.