Solved

How do I register a paper pass on the website?

• 11 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello there I have purchased a paper pass and am having trouble adding it to my account on the website.  Any help with this would be really appreciated!  Best regards Susan 

icon

Best answer by cdwatkins19 12 December 2022, 09:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What exactly is your problem? What error message do you get?

Without a proper description of the problem it is impossible to answer your question. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You have learnt to read&write in school, I assume? A pen is enough for that.

That is just exceptionally rude and uncalled for as a response to a legitimate question.

If you can’t be civil to people then how about you just don’t post replies to them at all.

Badge +5

With a paper pass the easiest way is to record each journey on the form you can download. Make sure you print off enough before you set off! You can still record your travels on the app but Don’t link the pass. The staff on train will check your pass is correctly completed and they’ll sometimes mark the paper form. They don’t need anything else unless they ask for ID but this only usually happens in Switzerland.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you want to make reservations there are better ways to do that than through the Interrail/Eurail website. Please read more below. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning and reservations. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Thanks so much for replying so quickly - much appreciated!  I have since found the original email with the purchase of the passes and my partner had created an account so they were registered there.  Many thanks AnnaB for the advice re reservations - this is so helpful.

Cdwatkins19 - I have done as you suggested and printed off extra sheets for the additional journeys.  Many thanks.