Intercity notte reservation NMBS

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

The employee I had on the phone yesterday claims that you can't upload the tickets you buy at the counter in the nmbs app???

Why are the conditions of the ticket not on the printed PDF document, but only in the PFD document that you receive by email?
Something that NMBS is not aware of, or what do you think?

There is 1 barcode on the document, for 2 travelers. According to the counter clerk, it is perfectly possible to scan this barcode twice. According to her, this certainly works in Belgium, so it should also work abroad.
Can anyone confirm this?

The employee could only choose between:
Seat, berth place, and bed place.
This was very unclear for the employee, for myself, because the options are worded very differently on the Trenitalia site.
Only because of the amount I am currently somewhat certain that they are the right places.

The program of NMBS did not provide any options for a berth place, so prices cannot be compared.
However, there are still berth places available on the Trenitalia website.

On the program at the counter came to bed place, 1st class. While there is no 1st class on the train.
There is no class stated on the ticket.

I don't know who can give me 100% certainty that I definitely have a room with 2 beds?
So the vagone deluxe doppia.

According to the employee at the counter, DO would stand for "Doppia" on the document (under train).
I have no idea if that's right?

Sorry for my many questions.
It's a pity that reservations for trains are still so difficult, there are so many ambiguities.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@rvdborgt 

Now I am unable to upload the PDF file I edited to securely share my document with the site here.

Can I send my PDF document to you privately, or do you have a tip how I can upload my PDF document here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think you can only make a screenshot and paste that into the message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don't have all the answers…

It's normal that you receive 1 reservation for 2 persons. I've even had a sleeper reservation once (from DB) with 3 T3 and 2 double beds on the same reservation.

The reservation should mention coach and berth numbers. Assuming Trenitalia uses the standard numbering, check on Seat61 whether you're in the same compartment.

What was the price of the reservation?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I think you can only make a screenshot and paste that into the message.

Thank you very much! 

That works indeed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I don't have all the answers…

It's normal that you receive 1 reservation for 2 persons. I've even had a sleeper reservation once (from DB) with 3 T3 and 2 double beds on the same reservation.

The reservation should mention coach and berth numbers. Assuming Trenitalia uses the standard numbering, check on Seat61 whether you're in the same compartment.

What was the price of the reservation?

I mean : I thought you would receive a document per traveler, so that every traveler has his/her own document.

I will see if it indeed works for that one barcode per document, or if you can scan it multiple times. So in my case, or you scan the barcode 2 times because we are with 2 travelers on the document.

I pay 116 euro.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You are starting in Milano Porta Garibaldi? For my Information there are no gates. 

You will have no Ticket check in the station only on the train or before entering on the train by train staff. 

This gates are only in very big stations like Milano Centrale or middle big station (only a few) with gates like in the Netherlands (but with staff for help). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In Milano Porta Garibaldi are no ticket gates. 
In Milano Centrale you would just show the printed ticket or on your device and there would be also no problem. There are people standing at the entrance and “checking” the tickets just by viewing, no scan etc.
So no worries about that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In Milano Centrale you would just show the printed ticket or on your device and there would be also no problem. There are people standing at the entrance and “checking” the tickets just by viewing, no scan etc.

In Milano Centrale they started to put some gates like in the Netherlands, but there are also staffed gates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In Milano Centrale they started to put some gates like in the Netherlands, but there are also staffed gates. 

Oh ok, haven’t been there since last autumn. At that time still could enter by walking in and showing my ticket. Sorry for the wrong info then!
In any case: if you are in hurry just go through the gates close by to someone in front of you… that always works. If somebody complains, just show your ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

You are starting in Milano Porta Garibaldi? For my Information there are no gates. 

You will have no Ticket check in the station only on the train or before entering on the train by train staff. 

This gates are only in very big stations like Milano Centrale or middle big station (only a few) with gates like in the Netherlands (but with staff for help). 

Yes yes, I will arrive there Friday evening by train in Milan porta Garibaldi, and also take the night train for the first time in my life.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

The questions I am still looking for an answer to are:

1/
Does anyone have a seating plan for the intercity notte 797? Or from the carriages ?
The only information I find, which I don't know if it is correct, is that they are apparently MU sleeping cars?

2/

According to the employee at the counter, DO would stand for "Doppia" on the document (under train).

My ticket is uploaded in my first message!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does anyone have a seating plan for the intercity notte 797? Or from the carriages ?
The only information I find, which I don't know if it is correct, is that they are apparently MU sleeping cars?

I suspect they use the standard sleeper numbering scheme as shown here.

That's probably correct. Standard would be to mention "Double” but the fact that you have the complete compartment, have 2 beds and the numbers are 41 and 45 (see link above to Seat61) indicate to me that you have 2 double beds.