Solved

Need help please making reservations

• 23 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I need help please,

I have booked seat reservations from Vienna Austria to Zagreb on the 14th June 2023.

I was trying to book for myself and my friend but both reservations are not together and are both in her name.

The system would not allow me to change the seat reservation to my name it kept putting in my friends name. We wanted to sit together too but i fear we are not sitting together. Eurail has told me to contact the railway company directly but being new to reading the European train tickets I cannot find the company. I see Railjet on my ticket? is that the company? Can someone send me a photo of where to find the railway company directly or give me an email address so i can rectify this issue.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 23 May 2023, 10:35

View original

2 replies

Hello,

I need help please,

I have booked seat reservations from Vienna Austria to Zagreb on the 14th June 2023.

I was trying to book for myself and my friend but both reservations are not together and are both in her name.

The system would not allow me to change the seat reservation to my name it kept putting in my friends name. We wanted to sit together too but i fear we are not sitting together. Eurail has told me to contact the railway company directly but being new to reading the European train tickets guidance I cannot find the company. I see Railjet on my ticket? is that the company? Can someone send me a photo of where to find the railway company directly or give me an email address so i can rectify this issue.

Thank you

Review the terms and conditions of your booking to understand the policies regarding seat assignments and reservation changes. Look for any specific instructions or contact information for making changes to your reservation. Reach out to the airline or the platform you used to make the booking. Explain the situation and provide them with your reservation details, including the flight date, booking reference number, and the names of both passengers. Ask if it's possible to change the seat assignments to have you and your friend seated together.  When contacting the airline or booking platform, specifically request a seat reassignment to ensure that both reservations are together. They may be able to accommodate your request based on availability and their policies. Be prepared to provide alternative seat preferences or be flexible with your seating arrangements if necessary.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is best to use the Austrian Railways website, tickets.oebb.at : way cheaper (3€) and no booking fee.

This website also works in many other countries : Italy, Austria, Germany, Czechia,…

As seat reservations are optional there is no need to show 2 names, check whether there is a box "2 adults" or "2 Erwachsene".

Railjet is a train type from ÖBB, the Austrian Railways.