Solved

not clear

• 22 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,
I'm trying to organise a tour of France (with a possible trip to Barcelona) in March from Berlin (where I live). There are many things I don't understand.
1) If I only want to go to France from Berlin, can I take a "One Country Pass"?
2) Does my trip to the first destination in France count as a travel day?
3) If I want to do a day trip from one place, e.g. go to Bordeaux from Paris for the day, can I plan a return trip?
4) Some destinations do not exist on the tripplanner-map (e.g. Brest in Brittany), does this mean that it is not possible to book a ticket for this destination?
Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 January 2023, 14:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm trying to organise a tour of France (with a possible trip to Barcelona) in March from Berlin (where I live). There are many things I don't understand.
1) If I only want to go to France from Berlin, can I take a "One Country Pass"?

A one country pass is valid in one country only, so no.

2) Does my trip to the first destination in France count as a travel day?

For any journey with your pass, you need a valid travel day. On 2 of your travel days, you can also travel in your country of residence.

3) If I want to do a day trip from one place, e.g. go to Bordeaux from Paris for the day, can I plan a return trip?

Sure you can. On a travel day, you can use as many trains as you want.

4) Some destinations do not exist on the tripplanner-map (e.g. Brest in Brittany), does this mean that it is not possible to book a ticket for this destination?

What is shown on that map is not relevant. Your pass is valid in the trains of the participating companies and can be used to any destination they serve.

thank you!

How do you actually pay for reservations on trains with compulsory reservations? Via the app? Or is it possible to buy the reservations at stations in France or on the SNCF website? Where can I find the prices of the reservations only?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Zu erst, weil so viele es nicht verstehen (wollen?): 1 country is what is says, this does NOT include trip in homeland. You could use it and then pay extra for a return to first stop in FR-mostly Strasbourg.

Zu beachten ist auch-and this makes FR the #2 worst country to use a pass in: ALL TGV MUST be RES, this will cost you a lot of trouble and 10 or 20€, 10 if lucky that you can get in the quota they set for passes. PLUS there are at the mo very often strikes-sometimes national much more often hardly announced local. (ja, das ist Streik auf DE).

Diese RES kannst du dort am Automaten machen-aber das wird bestimmt zu viele Enttäuschun führen, es geht an sich theoretisch auch mit app, mit 2€ Zuschl., oder über b-europe (Belg. Bahnen), mit 4€ Zuschlag aber dann sehr klarer Übersicht.

Willst du echt nur H+R nach Br/Bretagne und/oder Bordeaux/Aquitaine, dann empfielt sich bestimmt auch mal nach zu sehen-contact.sncf, was Sparpreise bei Ihnen kosten, zB ab Strasbourg und dann dorthin mit SSP DB. Leider geht es nicht mehr das DB die RES für dich machen könnte. Ab B wird bestimmt auch Fahrtweg über NRW gezeigt-dann kommst du im THalys nach Paris und der kostet sehr teuer extra.

Reservierungen von und nach Frankreich gibt es im DB-Reisezentrum am Bahnhof (16€).

In Frankreich kann man die nötigen inerfranzösischen Reservierungen am Bahnhof oder auch an den Fahrkartenautomaten kaufen. Alternativ kann man auch bei der SNCF anrufen.

Online ist für Frankreich die Seite der belgischen Bahn gut geeignet. Geht aber auch via Interrail (Tipp: vermeiden). Kostet allerdings zusätzliche Gebühren.

Verpflichtende Reservierungen im französischen Fernverkehr kosten ohne Gebühren typischerweise 10€ oder 20€ je nach Anzahl der bereits verkauften Passreservierungen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservierungen von und nach Frankreich gibt es im DB-Reisezentrum am Bahnhof (16€).

In Frankreich kann man die nötigen inerfranzösischen Reservierungen am Bahnhof oder auch an den Fahrkartenautomaten kaufen. Alternativ kann man auch bei der SNCF anrufen.

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

#85 wählen für Englisch. Keine Buchungsgebühren und die Reservierungen kommen per E-Mail.

Interrail verkauft leider für den SNCF-Binnenverkehr immer noch keine Reservierungen von €10, nur die von €20.

merci !