Solved

Overnight train from Basil SBB to amsterfam

• 25 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I see on Eurail timetable that there is an overnight train from Basel SBB to Amsterdam it departs at 23:13 and arrives in Amsterdam at 09:58.  

My questions are:

Is there a sleeper on this train? I looked on Cheap Train Tickets | Timetables for Germany & Europe - Deutsche Bahn website and I see an icon that shows a sleeper, but I want to confirm that it is the case. 

Also how do I book the sleeper using Eurail global pass? When I go to the above website it does not give me the option to choose Eurail Global pass or a sleeper, furthermore when I try to book it, I get an error stating:

We are sorry, but we cannot sell your requested journey online.
Please find further information in our contact details.

Alternatively, we are happy to offer you the Interrail Pass for the most flexible travel experience in Europe.

I also tried the Nightjet website and found the train on their website but for our travel day May 14, 2023 it showed no availability for any type of the sleeper. Is that because they are actually sold out or am I still on the wrong website?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 February 2023, 07:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Nightjet website or the ÖBB website (tickets.oebb.at) is the correct one to book reservations. Add the Interrail/Eurail discount for each passenger and then select "One-way tickets and day ticket”. Do NOT use "Seat reservation only”.

There are engineering works in Germany and in the Netherlands. The last day I can see any availability is on Friday 12 May (only couchettes), after that nothing until 3 June (also nothing for Basel to Cologne). That's unlikely such a long time in advance, so I suspect you can't book yet because the timetable isn't final yet. You could ask ÖBB when they think booking will be opened, e.g. on their Facebook page. Other than that, keep trying regularly.