Solved

Place Of Issue Country

• 10 December 2022
  • 11 replies

Hi :)

I would like to book a reservation, but my country is not on the list of “Place Of Issue Country”.

How can I make the reservation?

TIA!

icon

Best answer by cdwatkins19 10 December 2022, 20:22

View original

11 replies

Badge +5

If you want to buy a Eurail pass that is fine for a resident of Chile. If you want to reserve a seat look on the reservations section on this site for help and advice 

Badge +5

Which site are you trying to book on? Please give full details of the train you’re trying to book

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I guess that you have tried to make your reservation through the Eurail website. There are better ways to make reservations. Please read more below. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Some countries seem to be listed as quite unexpected forms: like Republic of xxx.

It may also indicate you have bought wrong pass- EU rail or INterRail. Does the list you see are all OUT of EUR?-Like Argentina (ouch for Chilenos!), Bolivia etc?

Yes, it is about always best to use other ways to RES-and as Latinos all seem to want to travel/trabajo ESpana extensively-for there you are best of to visit RENFE counter anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What route, date and time are you trying to make a reservation for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That reservation is best made on tickets.oebb.at. They don't need so many details of the passengers and it's also cheaper (Eurail charges booking fees). Do NOT use the "Seat reservations only” option but add the Interrail/Eurail discount for all passengers and then look for normal tickets.

Thanks a lot for your answer! 

I have my Eurail pass, and I have the reservation I want. But when I go to the checkout in order to pay, and fill my information, in “Place Of Issue Country” doesn´t appear Chile, and I cannot proceed with the payment :(

Would you know why this happens?

Thanks for your answers! I really apreciate your time and generosity :)

Yes, I am making my reservation through the Eurail website, and Chile doesn´t appear in the list “Place Of Issue Country” (or “País emisor” in Spanish). 

Therefore, I can´t proceed with the payment…

Any clues how can I pay?

TIA!

Dom 25 Diciembre 2022

17:33

ZUERICH HB (SWITZERLAND)

20:50

MILANO CENTRALE (ITALY)

USD $79.50

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The price for the seat reservation is 11 EUR per person.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That nearly 80$ must be the price of a normal (cheaper advance) ticket.

As you head for IT and thus likely use more trenes there (frecce or IC by TrenItlaia): all are best, in case you really want to do that now and cannot wait till there (visit counter then) via same oebb  site. This is a kind of sneeky bypass

Still remains a mystery why your country-that very long thin along the Andes and Pacifco Ocean is not in that list where it should be. It also has no quite different name in other languages that sometimes brings it to places none thinks of.