Solved

PROBLEMS WITH PRICE

• 16 December 2022
  • 2 replies

hi, i’m having some problems with the reservations of the seats:

on the Rail Planner app the price is 12€ for all the classes, on Eurail website the price is still 12€ but when i click on it, it magical become 22€, how is this even possible and how can i fix it?

icon

Best answer by Schelte 16 December 2022, 20:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Based on the prices you mention, I guess you’re trying to book a domestic French TGV reservation. Note unfortunately only a limited number of seats are available for that price, and when those sell out the remaining seats are sold for €20 per passenger.

Check https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv to see whether €10 tickets are still available. It seems the Interrail reservations portal is currently not able to show those €10-tickets, so there might actually be €10-tickets available by booking through b-europe or SNCF.

Prices in the interrail reservations portal add +€2 booking costs per ticket. When booking through the b-europe website they charge you €4 per booking. You can avoid those costs by buying them through the phone from SNCF (+33 184943635, dial #85 to be helped in English) or buying them at a SNCF ticket machine & ticket desk.

Note the Interrail app has no realtime information on reservation availability, and just mentions the minimum price.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, these are the prices for TGV in FR on SNCF

IF you are willing to use slower trains-in many cases, but not for very long trips, this can be done on the slower regional TER trains- for free.

YOu also only pay the 10/20€ without any extra IF you are a longer time in FR anyway and do it via the purple SNCF machines-though this needs some tricks. Then you can see all trains and the extra. For not that busy days a few days advance is usually enough. Note that NO paper tickets are then given out-they also want fone+ @mail and send a mail! Modern style! Or you could even visit the counter after having seen what trains have the 10€ seats and let them do it for you=same price.