Solved

What should I do in case of control during the journey if I do not book a seat (for trains without required seat reservations)?

• 27 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone! This summer I am going to take a train between Amsterdam and Berlin. Seats reservations are recommended but not mandatory. Therefore, I wondered what I was supposed to show in case of a control during the journey if I do not book a seat? Do I have to only show my pass? And am I allowed to sit wherever I want?

Thank you very much for your answers !

icon

Best answer by Al_G 27 June 2022, 23:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You add the correct train journey to your pass and it displays a barcode and written description to show any ticket checkers.

With trains that have allow reservations they will (usually) have either electronic displays or paper tickets showing any reservations for each seat.

You are free to use any seat that is shown as unreserved for the trip you are taking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In fact well over 90% of all trains here in EUR are without even the chance to make REServ-but its just that all 1st timers seem to want to use trains that do. The pass generates a kind of QR-code, the same for all trips in 1 day. When you watch what other pax on board will have-by now, it varies abit per country, more as half will also just have their ticket on the fone-conductors are very well used to that. This replaces the old style paper ticket-which had all details and on which you had to write don all trips

Thank you very much for your answers! They help a lot