Solved

Record my journeys with my trip

• 13 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,I plan to take boat to visit Bringer See from Interlaken Out to Bringer with EuRail Pass.Do I need to record  my journeys with my trip on th mobile APP ?If the answer is yes,hor to input in APP ?

Thank You

icon

Best answer by Hektor 13 February 2023, 06:48

View original

9 replies

Hello,I plan to take boat to visit Bringer See from Interlaken Out to Bringer with EuRail Pass.Do I need to record  my journeys with my trip on th mobile APP ?If the answer is yes,hor to input in APP ?

Thank You

I'll try to translate your posting: It seems that you hold an Eurail pass and you'd like to take a boat from Interlaken Ost to Brienz. That would be the Brienzer See. Regarding your questions:

You need to record every journey taken with your pass for free. Otherwise you would have no valid ticket. They are checking this aboard. 

You'll have to put in a journey from Interlaken Ost to Brienz, choose your date, tap the Filter button, choose just boats and ferries, and the app will just show boats and ferries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hektor has the correct words. I conclude that there simply is NO EUrail pass that covers boat trips ´for free´ in the whole of Swiss, so it means discount. In that case: buy that ticket from counter, show pass (in Swiss about anyone can get discounts for whatever reason) and pay reduced fare-and get of course ticket for that to show. you do NOT need to activate passday or the like for that.I also guess you continue from Brienz by train-then you need pass-activate as usual.

It MAY work out a little cheaper to look for local small-area passes that may cover it. Then several other interesting roundtours-also by the yellow POSTbus may be possible. Also various HTLs etc may give out discount coupons, perhaps even for more as pass. Surprises do not cease to happen!

Just 10 mins ago I was talking to a tourist from Taiwan/Kaohsiung, but quite far away from Swiss. have a nice trip!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I conclude that there simply is NO EUrail pass that covers boat trips ´for free´ in the whole of Swiss, so it means discount.

@mcadv 

This is not correct so please check your info before writing wrong info.

The boat trip on the Brienzer see is for free with an Interrail or Eurail pass, see info in link under FAQ. If you have a flexi pass you must enter a travel day to use the boat. 

https://www.bls-schiff.ch/en/lake-cruise/tickets-vouchers/tickets

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to record every journey taken with your pass for free. Otherwise you would have no valid ticket. They are checking this aboard. 

You'll have to put in a journey from Interlaken Ost to Brienz, choose your date, tap the Filter button, choose just boats and ferries, and the app will just show boats and ferries.

@Hektor Using the filter option will not show the boats on the Brienzer See or any other boats in Switzerland, and probably not elsewhere. The Railplanner can only show timetables that are uploaded to the system and no boat timetables are uploaded as far as I know.

@Huanming.lu You will need to add the journey on the Brienzer See manually to your Trip. 

@Hektor Using the filter option will not show the boats on the Brienzer See or any other boats in Switzerland, and probably not elsewhere. The Railplanner can only show timetables that are uploaded to the system and no boat timetables are uploaded as far as I know.

@Huanming.lu You will need to add the journey on the Brienzer See manually to your Trip. 

@AnnaB That's not correct. All boat timetables for Switzerland are uploaded. For Switzerland, it's always done very early. And the timetables are shown that way. Just try it. ;-)

If you did try it before, I assume you did it for today. But season starts at 7th of April. 

@Huanming.lu No need to add it manually. Just do it the way described above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@AnnaB That's not correct. All boat timetables for Switzerland are uploaded. For Switzerland, it's always done very early. And the timetables are shown that way. Just try it. ;-)

@Hektor  I tried before posting following your description and I got no results. I always check how it works for me before posting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Hektor Thanks 😊 

First boat of this year's season. :-)

@AnnaB BTW: There are also other boat and ferry timetables uploaded, but not in a way a standard user may easily find them. :-)