Solved

Reservations not showing in Reservations Overview on website

• 5 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I usually book my reservations through the interrail website and can see them in the Reservation Overview page. However none of the reservations I’ve booked over the last few days show in my reservations overview.

I’ve received the actual tickets by email, so they have been processed, but because they are not shown in the overview on the website I can’t cancel any if I need to do so.

Any advice gratefully received! Thanks very much,

Simeon

icon

Best answer by Al_G 6 January 2023, 15:18

View original

9 replies

Thanks, I’ve completed the customer service form. I’ll report back on here what the answer is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As an update to this issue, I contacted support who simply re-emailed my reservations to me and said it is not possible to add them to my Reservations Overview.

This of course means that reservations booked through the site are no longer cancellable or refundable should I need to change my plans.

Worth people taking this into account, as I’m sure I’m not the only one with this issue. Could be a big issue for me if SNCF decides to strike as I’ve just spent 300+ euros on reservations that are now effectively non-refundable. D’oh!

Eurail.s IT problems do not effect your rights. You would obviously have to go about it through Customer services.

The number of problems that their reservations system throws up as is why most regular posters here prefer to use other sources for reservations where possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As an update to this issue, I contacted support who simply re-emailed my reservations to me and said it is not possible to add them to my Reservations Overview.

This of course means that reservations booked through the site are no longer cancellable or refundable should I need to change my plans.

Worth people taking this into account, as I’m sure I’m not the only one with this issue. Could be a big issue for me if SNCF decides to strike as I’ve just spent 300+ euros on reservations that are now effectively non-refundable. D’oh!

Eurail.s IT problems do not effect your rights. You would obviously have to go about it through Customer services.

To get a full refund because of a cancelled train, you have to go through customer service anyway, since cancelling in the reservations overview is regarded as you cancelling by your initiative. That usually costs money, if a reservation can be cancelled at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please contact customer service to report this problem:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Is there another site where you can book interrail TGV reservations in France? It’s no longer possible through the SNCF website)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Is there another site where you can book interrail TGV reservations in France? It’s no longer possible through the SNCF website)

Yes, https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

it only works for domestic TGV with an odd exception, unlike interrail it will give the €10 reservation if still available.

There is a €4 booking fee.

You will need a pass cover number for that site, get that here

Thanks, that would have saved me a lot of cash if I’d known as I’ve paid 20 euros each for all our reservations on the interrail site, whereas the ones I’ve just checked on the b-europe site are 10 euros each for the same trains….double D’oh.

I have our pass cover numbers so that’s ok.

I’ve cancelled TGV reservations in the Reservations Overview before (quite recently) and got a full refund almost immediately (less the 2 euro admin fee). It does depend on whether the ticket is refundable though, TGV reservations generally are, whereas Eurostar for example aren’t.