Solved

Not allowed to book seat reservation for six people. I booked separately - how to change seats?

• 24 June 2022
  • 5 replies

We are family of 6 (2 adults + 4 children). When I was trying to do seat reservation for 6 people, it was not allowing therefore I did 2 separate reservations for 3 each.

Issue now is that the seats assigned are in 2 different carts (voiture). How can I change it.

Paris - Bassel (SNCF)

Zurich - Milano (Trenitalia)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 August 2022, 13:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where did you book?

I have a similar problem how did u solve it ? 

We are family of 6 (2 adults + 4 children). When I was trying to do seat reservation for 6 people, it was not allowing therefore I did 2 separate reservations for 3 each.

Issue now is that the seats assigned are in 2 different carts (voiture). How can I change it.

Paris - Bassel (SNCF)

Zurich - Milano (Trenitalia)

Hello!
When making reservations, even if you have Passes from separate orders, it is possible to add the travellers from the other orders. This way the system will know you are travelling together and depending on availability will book the seats together or as close as possible.

However, we don't have insight on availability, I'm afraid! In case your seats are allocated separately, you can ask other passengers or the train staff to help you sit together.

When making reservations, the system will allocate seats depending on availability will book the seats together or as close as possible. In case your seats are allocated separately, you can ask other passengers or the train staff to help you sit together.

Kind regards,

Annie

I have the same question. Impossible to book for 6. Had to book for five, and with a fast booking for the last person thought it would be in the same compartment. That was wrong. I have 5 people in one and one in another. How can I change this ? It is a night train i a 6 person couchette from Paris to the border of Spain. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Call SNCF tomorrow and they should be able to help. Here you go : by phone (press #85 for English, no booking fee, delivery via e-mail).