Seat reservation outside eurail.com

• 10 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Can I make seat reservation outside eurail.com and travel holding the eurail pass ?

Does the reservation need to be made from eurail.com ?

Is there a way to choose seats while reserving seats in eurail.com ?

Thank you,

Bijoy

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes. It's usually much better, easier and cheaper to reserve elsewhere!

The ability to choose seats is one reason!

Which routes and operator are you looking at?

Thank you @ralderton for prompt response.

I’m looking for a reservation from Venice to Luzern on June 29’th ( Frecciorossa and Eurostar) 7:18 AM from Venice to Milan and 10:10 AM from Milan to Luzern.

Regards,

Bijoy

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s too early to reserve for the 29 June, so I advise trying later.

The best place to do this is on the ÖBB website, following these instructions. I don’t think you can choose your seat on the Frecciarossa.

On the Milan-Luzern route, you don’t need to reserve, only pay a supplement. So you can pay that onboard if you prefer, just find an empty seat and wait for the conductor. Or you can do it in advance through the ÖBB site, where you can also get an optional reservation.

How to reserve on ÖBB:

Thank you @ralderton . Will do accordingly. Will post my experience for the benefit of others once booking is complete. Cheers !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On the Milan-Luzern route, you don’t need to reserve, only pay a supplement. So you can pay that onboard if you prefer, just find an empty seat and wait for the conductor.

The ECs Switzerland-Italy all have mandatory reservations. Buying them onboard will mean a surcharge of about €10.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It’s too early to reserve for the 29 June, so I advise trying later.

The best place to do this is on the ÖBB website, following these instructions. I don’t think you can choose your seat on the Frecciarossa.

On the Milan-Luzern route, you don’t need to reserve, only pay a supplement. So you can pay that onboard if you prefer, just find an empty seat and wait for the conductor. Or you can do it in advance through the ÖBB site, where you can also get an optional reservation.

How to reserve on ÖBB:

@Bijoy Krishnan Please note, that @ralderton got some thinks wrong. The EC with only a supplement is Italy-Munich. The EC to Switzerland have compulsory reservation in Italy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oops. Thanks for putting me right. I can’t edit my post now, unfortunately.