Solved

Stuck in Copenhagen - train cancelled

• 17 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi, me and my friend are currently travelling with an interrail ticket from Bremen to Malmo C. Due to the øresund bridge being closed we are stuck in Copenhagen until at least midnight. Does anyone know if we are entitled to compensation for the hotel room we booked in Malmö or the hotel room we will need to book for tonight in Copenhagen?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 February 2023, 19:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Speak to railway staff ASAP, explain that you are stranded and ask what they propose.

If you can't travel any further, they are obliged to arrange overnight accommodation and provide a ticket to reach your destination tomorrow (if you don't have a continuous pass), all without extra costs for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lena1303 Alternatively, there's a possible route from CPH to Malmö, via Helsingør and Helsingborg. Take the train to Helsingør, it goes every 20 minutes. And make your way to the ferry port. There's a ferry between the two almost continuously. Prices are cheap for foot pax. Both ferry terminals are well connected to both stations. From Helsingborg you have also a good train service to Malmö.

A detour, but you should be able to make it to Malmö still tonight. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@BrendanDB I don’t think that the ferries are running. The storm called "Otto" is the reason for this. I wonder if this is classified as " force majeur" and what responsibilities the train companies have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@BrendanDB I don’t think that the ferries are running. The storm called "Otto" is the reason for this. I wonder if this is classified as " force majeur" and what responsibilities the train companies have.

Aaah, that's something different indeed. I didn't know that there is a storm now. I thought the bridge was closed due to an incident or planned works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

All trains to Malmö from Göteborg via Helsingborg are cancelled until at least tomorrow morning. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

They always have to provide assistance to stranded passengers and with onward connections.