Solved

Technical error and no more response for refund

• 24 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello everybody

I had a question a few weeks ago about a refund for the Eurostar due to an technical error. I booked 6 seat reservations instead of 2 for the Eurostar, since the system didn’t let my payment through. I checked what to do on the interrail platform and then it went through 3 times. 

i had to go back to London anyways, so I took some time if my day and went to the Eurostar information and ask for a refund. That lady wanted to give it to me immediately, but couldn’t since it was booked though interrail. A few days later I got an email from interrail saying they can’t refund anything from Eurostar. but I knew from that lady, that there was hope for a refund. 

Since money is really tied right now I kept begging that interrail person to somehow give me a refund. He then told me his Seniors had to decide about it. I asked about an update on Friday and they just told me they will decide at the beginning of next week. I messaged them again today, but no answer. 
Those tickets will be used on Thursday around 11 and if I’m correct there I no chance for a refund or a voucher when the trip starts in less than 24 hours.

Any ideas what I should or could do? I’m really really desperate right know, really need that money for my next rent and just got scammed from another company.

please please please help me

best

jule 

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 25 January 2023, 10:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Camilo. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Jule Erdmann 

I have good news. The reservations team have approved a full refund on these reservations. Indeed, there was a technical issue on our side.

I have just refunded 2 of the 3 reservations made. For future reference, please check your overview before booking once more. 

If you have any question, please let me know. 

Have a lovely day!