Thalys Line reserve seats

• 22 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I have tried numerous times and do not see seats available for the Thalys High Speed Trains. I am new to this reservation process. It appears all seats would be taken on any High Speed train option from Brussels to Paris. Is that correct? I’m Starting this late to get seat reservations for Late May or early June. Is that correct I’m too late for such a seat reservation? I just want to know so I can plan an alternate route that will take longer and we need to plan adequate time

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What is your travel date ? Thalys (and Eurostar) have a quota for Eurail/Interrail passholders and seats can sell out days or even weeks in advance (27€ seat reservation). Brussels - Paris often has last-minute availability so it seems a bit strange unless you planned to travel on the upcoming holiday weekend (27-29th May). You can better check availability through here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish (4€ booking fee per order, compared to 2€ per person per train on eurail.com)

Let me know your travel date and I can have a look.

Alternatives :

• 2 IC trains to Lille-Flandres + TGV to Paris (limited 10€, then 20€ until the train is full). Hourly connection : 3h-3h30 journey
  • fully reservation-free via Charleroi and Maubeuge. 2-3 daily connections : 4h30

Use bahn.com for planning, it is more reliable than Rail Planner (less often updated). Do not hesitate for questions !

I have tried numerous times and do not see seats available for the Thalys High Speed Trains. I am new to this reservation process. It appears all seats would be taken on any High Speed train option from Brussels to Paris. Is that correct? I’m Starting this late to get seat reservations for Late May or early June for air compressor hose. Is that correct I’m too late for such a seat reservation? I just want to know so I can plan an alternate route that will take longer and we need to plan adequate time

Visit the official Thalys website or use their mobile app. Select your preferred language (English, French, Dutch, or German) if prompted. Enter your departure and arrival stations, along with the date and time of travel. Choose the number of passengers and the type of ticket (e.g., Standard, Comfort, Premium). Select the desired train from the available options. On the seating selection page, you'll usually see a seat map displaying the available seats. You can usually click on a seat to select it. Choose your preferred seats based on availability and your personal preferences. Once you've selected your seats, proceed to the payment section to complete the reservation. Provide the required passenger information, including names, contact details, and any additional preferences or requirements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is wrong advice. You can't book Interrail/Eurail passholder seats through thalys.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

To add @thibcabe suggestions.

If you want the quickest option, besides Thalys, best is to take a TGV from Brussel-Zuid/Midi to Lille-Europe. From Lille, you get easily to Paris.

Ordinary tickets for the TGV Brussels-Lille are often bookable for 19 EUR, so cheaper than the interrail seat reservation cost of 20 Eur+cost of a pass day! So best book an ordinary ticket for the TGV Brussels-Lille!