Solved

Train not showing up. How to get reservation?

• 16 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey guys,

I’m looking forward to using Interrail for the first time. When looking for my return trip home, I noticed that one particular train is not shown on the Rail Planner app and via interrail.eu while it appears on bahn.de and trenitalia.com.

On June 11, I want to travel from Florence to Frankfurt (M). The second part of the journey (EC 52 from Milano Centrale to Frankfurt (M) Hbf) is shown as it should be and I can book a reservation. But to get from Florence to Milano, Interrail doesn’t show FR 9512 at 8:55 AM, but only FR 9304 at 9:10 to Milano Rogoredo which will not allow me to catch EC 52 at 10:20 at Milano Centrale.

Is there any way to “find” FR 9512 here or, alternatively, how can I book a reservation for this train (trenitalia.com seems to offer no “reservation only” option)?

Thanks in advance :)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 May 2023, 13:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The rail planner app and the planner on interrail.eu are not reliable, so what they show is not so relevant.

Day trains in Italy and Italy to Switzerland/Germany/Austria can be booked online on tickets.oebb.at: add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then choose "One-way tickets and day tickets”. (NOT "Seat reservation only”). ÖBB don't have any booking fees either. Booking multiple trains like this at once often does not work, so then just book them separately.

You can also buy these reservations from DB at a ticket office or by phone (but not online).

Thank you very much, @rvdborgt. I read over the part that I must not choose “Seat reservation only” 🤐