Solved

Travel day used unintentionally

• 2 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’ve sent an email to customer service but not sure if they reply quickly enough. Is there a contact number?

I boarded my train for Bratislava from Krakow an hour ago which I have a separate train ticket for to my pass. But stupidly I also added it to my pass so I had the time schedule easily accessible but now it’s activated a day that I didn’t need - I immediately took this journey off my plan but it didn’t give me the day of travel back. I’m having a huge panic now that I won’t have enough days left for when I actually need them :( I’ve seen that a few people have had something similar happen and only

customer service can intervene. Does anyone have any other way of reaching them other that email. I have a severe anxiety and really wishing I had just wrote the time down on my hand instead. Feeling really stupid now. Thank you in advance! 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 2 January 2023, 13:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately the e-mail  is the only way of contacting them

No, you can also use the request database, Facebook and Twitter. All communication via email will eventually end up in the request database.

The recommendation is to use the request database as you need to answer some questions regarding the urgency of you issue when entering the request. If you have an urgent request it will immediately be flagged to the support personnel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just because you add the journey to your Trip doesn't make it an active travel day. You must actively slide the yellow marker to activate the travel day. It is your responsibility to not activate a travel day that you will not use.

You can always ask Customer Support through the link below for help, but don't count on getting your travel day back.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I can see that. But it’s really badly designed that both these options are together. As many others seem to have, it’s easy to make a mistake. As I also said I was in a really anxious state and was just trying to find the details for my train through the saved trips. I have a number of health issues and easily forget things. Of course it’s my responsibility but sometimes things aren’t always that simple. Thanks anyway.

in the meantime, if anyone knows of a contact number, it would be much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

in the meantime, if anyone knows of a contact number, it would be much appreciated.

There is no contact number so you need to use the form in the link in my reply above to contact Customer Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Unfortunately the e-mail  is the only way of contacting them unless one of the staff is watching the community and moves it on for you. However they are always monitoring e-mails for those already travelling so an e-mail including already travelling in the title will get attended quickly. 

It seems from your posts that you do have some days before you run out so give them time to respond, hopefully to satisfy your situation.