Solved

Travel days or not with ferry?

• 5 January 2023
  • 2 replies

If I travel by ship (for example Viking Line from Helsinki to Stockholm), is this a travel day (if I have a flexipass with 10 travel days within 2 months)? Because a ship is not a train. And if I want to use the discounts that I can use (for example in cafe's etc) if I have the pass, can I use them only during the travel days (10 days) or during the whole 2 months?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 5 January 2023, 21:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Whether it's a ferry or a train is not important. What is important is whether it is "free travel” covered by the pass (for which you need a travel day) or whether you only get a discount (then you don't need a travel day).

Helsinki-Stockholm will not be free travel but a discount, so you don't need a travel day. To qualify for a discount, it needs to be within the validity period of your pass (2 months in your case).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unless you get a 100% discount on the ticket price you should not use a travel day. There are only few ferries, if any at all, who give 100 % discount on the ticket price.

So, for the ferries between Sweden and Finland you don't use a travel day. 

Information about benefits you can read in the link below. Benefits that give you discounts you can use during the whole validity of your pass.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/pass-benefits