Can't book reservations - ‘One of the legs of your journey is not available anymore.

• 25 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

From August 15th I will be traveling through Europe for the first time. I now have some questions about seat reservations. 

• On August 15th, we want to travel from Almelo to Berlin. I want to book a seat reservations on the train of 14:45. I can add the reservation to my cart, fill in the traveller details and review my order, but at the last step of the booking I get the error ‘One of the legs of your journey is not available anymore. Please try searching for another connection’. When I try to book the same train at Bahn.de is seems to be possible. Also when booking at Interrail it costs € 16 (two persons and booking fee) and at Bahn.de it only costs € 9. This seems strange to me. My question: can I book via Bahn.de without any problems?
  • I have exactly the same problem/error with a reservation from Wien Meidling to Utrecht Centraal. However when I try to book the train via oebb.at there are seats available. 
  • Somewhere on the journey we want to book a ticket on a night train from Bucharest to Vienna, but we don't know which day yet. Interrail says it is possible to book this train ‘at a main station in Europe’. What is meant by a ‘main station’? For example: do we need to book this train in Romania or is it also possible to book this train in Hungary? 

Thanks for the help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Je hebt niet genoeg doorgelezen.

1.ja

2.idem dito, MAAR -zie verder

3.baserend op reviews hier: in RO, HU kan je proberen, maar verwacht niks

ER is-dead-easy te vinden een overzicht op de main site over alle REServ en howtodo-al sturen die je uiteraard naar hun eigen app/die berekent 2€ pp extra als fee.

EN er is een veel beter ander overzicht-inmiddels zeker 12345x hier gelinkt, van seewulf, die je uitlegt hoe je helemaal zelf (zoals je bvb hebt ontdekt bij bahn) kan REServen voor minder en soms als enige weg-daar staat ook hoe je die NJ vanaf Meidling aanpakt.

Voor betaling is wel vrijwel altijd een cr-cd nodig-soms lukt PayPal ook wel-varieert per railway

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Book the first 2 journeys via DB because it's cheaper.

The night train from Bucharest to Vienna can generally be booked at stations that can do international reservations, in many countries. It should e.g. be possible in Germany and Hungary too. It also seems to be possible on the ÖBB website.