Solved

When start trip and when return with Global Pass Promo Youth (2 month): two questions

• 12 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello! I bought an interrail Global Pass Promo Youth on 11th of MAY 2022.

I know that i must activate the pass by the 11th of APRIL 2023, but do I also have to START MY TRIP?

Am I "obliged" to travel up to the 11th of MAY 2023 or can I travel beyond?

Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 12 February 2023, 19:44

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don't have to start your trip just because you activate your pass.

If you have a 2 month pass and activate your pass on the 11th of April, then your pass will be valid until the 10th of June.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You have to activate by the 11 April. if you wait until the 11th of April then it will be valid for travel every day until 10 June.

When you use it within that period is entirely up to you. You can travel every day or one day or any other combination you please, the only restriction is you can only travel in your home country on 2 days out of the overall validity period, these 2 days can be any you choose.

Oook thank you! So i can activate the pass on the 11 april and start my trip on may, right?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oook thank you! So i can activate the pass on the 11 april and start my trip on may, right?? 

Yes, that's fine.

You must be under 28 years of age on the start date of the validity of the pass if you have a youth pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

MAYbe.

Loads of people have that sales-pass/same point. In MY idea however the very last day to be able to start using/activate it is not 11 /4 but 10/4.

There are also some reports that it will automatically be assumed that day 1-when activated will be seen as used PASSday. Normally that is of course quite logic-why else would someone activate it? There may be some trick to have that rearranged so that you do not loose a passday becse of that. Same may hold for someone who turns 28 in that period and thus has to start activate it before that birthday.

AND you did not clearly state what type of pass you have bought-not all passes are valid 2 month-the cheaper ones with less days just 1 month-in such a case and in my reasoning then 9/5 would be the very last possible final day to use it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Loads of people have that sales-pass/same point. In MY idea however the very last day to be able to start using/activate it is not 11 /4 but 10/4.

Please don’t keep repeating your own incorrect and unverified ideas. You've been told many times now that the latest possible start date is exactly 11 months after purchase. You can see that easily if you start the activation process and check what the latest selectable start date is.

There are also some reports that it will automatically be assumed that day 1-when activated will be seen as used PASSday.

That was the case for flexipasses (and you could cancel that 1st travel day), but not anymore.

Yes, that's fine.

You must be under 28 years of age on the start date of the validity of the pass if you have a youth pass.

I turn 28 on 4 march.. can I activate the pass on the 3 march (for example) and leave on april anyway?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, that's fine.

I turn 28 on 4 march.. can I activate the pass on the 3 march (for example) and leave on april anyway?

Yes you can. You should chose 3 March as the start date then, because after that you won't be able to activate your youth pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, that's fine.

Yes you can. You should chose 3 March as the start date then, because after that you won't be able to activate your youth pass.

You must choose the 3rd March as start date of the validity, thus your pass being valid until the 2nd of May.