Solved

7 day in one month pass validity

• 11 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hii! I was wondering if i can ask a question, i want to buy an interrail card for 7 days and leave on the 21 of march, is the card then available till the 21 of april?
And also if i leave at 12 in the afternoon and i arrive at 8 the next day with a switch in trains, does it count as 2 seperate travel days?
Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by mcadv 11 March 2022, 12:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So its only the day of departure that counts. Note that nearly all nighttrains also require mandatory REServation and for most a hefty surcharge. Main exception are the night-ICE INside Germany.

There IS also a total ban at midnight on the very last day of validity: f.e. you can in this case NOT use an overnite leaving on 20/4 till final place-only till last stop <24.00. So get one a day earlier!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The 7 days/1 month pass is valid for 1 month. So if the first day is 21 March, then the last day is 20 April.

On any travel day, which runs from 0:00 until 23:59, you can use as many trains as you want of the participating operators.

If you use a train that arrives after midnight, then you don't need a second travel day, as long as you don't change trains after midnight. If you do change after midnight, then you need a new travel day, or a normal ticket. Also see this page.