Solved

Activating mobile pass before you start your trip?

• 28 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I arrive in Europe on my 28th birthday. If I buy the youth eurail (mobile pass) can I simply activate it the day before when I'm 27 even though I won't be able to travel on that particular day? I know that it's valid for whatever age you are on the first day of activation so is there anything stopping me from activating it before I get to Europe other than losing a day without using the pass?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 28 September 2022, 09:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I know it should be no problem doing like that as it is your age on the first day of the validity of the pass that is relevant. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Indeed you will loose that travelday. But it may be still worthwhile for the 25% discount-even more,as other wise you would need to exchange for normal adult-and also pay fee for that.

DO be aware of this: in OZzie down yundah (and also at other side from USA) there are often reports that the actual day is changed by 1-this is becse the system will set automatic to CET=europe time, and this may mean 1 day earlier. Wait till OZ and EUR have same calenderday. Or-if the final date does not matter too much (if you stay 5 weeks and the pass last 2 month as example) then this also does not really matter. But it may be if you really plan to use it till end. THis may also affect the birthday you have to fill in he system.

DO be aware of this: in OZzie down yundah (and also at other side from USA) there are often reports that the actual day is changed by 1-this is becse the system will set automatic to CET=europe time, and this may mean 1 day earlier. Wait till OZ and EUR have same calenderday. Or-if the final date does not matter too much (if you stay 5 weeks and the pass last 2 month as example) then this also does not really matter. But it may be if you really plan to use it till end. THis may also affect the birthday you have to fill in he system.

Thanks for your reply. I did think of that and would definitely wait until past midnight in Europe just in case. Sounds all good though and should save me around $300.