Solved

Adding a day to our Global Rail Pass

• 2 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi,

A group of us originally purchased 5, 4 day Global Rail Pass tickets for our travels next month. Our travel plans changed, and we had to book tickets into Paris instead, so we need to take a trip from Paris to Amsterdam. Not knowing, we purchased 4, One Country passes thinking this was basically just adding an additional day to our Global Rail Pass (and when we went to book seat reservations, we realized this was not the case). 

Is there something that we could do? I would love if we could add an additional day to our Global Rail pass that we purchased already. Could we just merge our One day pass with our 4 day passes? Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 3 September 2022, 08:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You cannot add extra travel days to a pass. You can:

1. buy an extra pass
  2. exchange your pass
  3. buy a normal ticket for any extra travel (check which of your journeys would be cheapest)

If I exchanged the pass, would I exchange my 4 day global and 1 day one country pass for a 5 day Global pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

There is no one day one country pass…

if you travel from Paris to Amsterdam better to check if there are cheap saver fares available. 
otherwise exchange it and go with a reservation free combination of TER and IC trains to Amsterdam (but will take way longer than with Thalys)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no one day one country pass…

@MartinM There is a 1 day Eurail one country pass for France. I didn't think there was but I checked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If I exchanged the pass, would I exchange my 4 day global and 1 day one country pass for a 5 day Global pass?

Normally you exchange one pass for one other pass (for a fee unless you bought PLUS) so you would need to get an answer from Customer Support for this question. You can use this for to contact Customer Support.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

If you bought PLUS with your passes you can just ask for a refund of the 2 passes you bought and buy the new pass without making an exchange. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

To see if all that trouble is worthwhile is impossible for use here to tell without all the details. You may also want to consider a long distance BUS (Flix or BlaBla) to cover a trip-f.e. they do P->Ams overnite.

In general most people simply buy the cheapest sector extra.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

You can't add an extra day to your pass after purchase is complete and the one day One Country passes for France will not be valid to travel from France to the Netherlands. I think your best bet here would be to purchase 5-day Global passes and request an exchange from our customer service team. Alternatively, you can refund the One Country passes and look at alternative travel methods or full fare tickets to get from Paris to Amsterdam. Unfortunately, Eurail does not sell point-to-point tickets.