Solved

Alternative to ticket via post SCNF

Badge

Hey

desperately trying to book a seat from a train from narbonne, france, to madrid, spain.

Train would leave on the 2nd of June, so there’d still be a full 7 working days to get the ticket to me, yet the interrail booking system says it would not arrive in time.

Any alternatives? SNCF hotline kicks me out off the loop after 15 minutes, tried twice already.

I’d have to cancel my entire trip otherwise.. -.-

thanks

icon

Best answer by ZugUmZug 21 May 2022, 14:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Schon wieder blödsinn.

use local trains-via Port Bou to Bcn. In FR TER in ES  rodalies. Try to get up a bit early and on the rails asap.

AVE hi-speed treni run ev hour-or even more so after arr in BCN (SANTS-the local trenes make many more stops in a dusky and filthy tunnel) ask someone to let you out, go to right (grande recorrido) counter and ask when they have empty seats left on AVE to Mad. Should be about 11€=schon wieder ne blauer jespart

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZugUmZug  You could just visit a DB Ticket office they can handle atleast the border crossing TGV/AVE trains from France to Spain and should be able via the trainnumber search (you have to provide them the trainnumber :/ ) to reserve even trains within Spain

Badge

Schon wieder blödsinn.

use local trains-via Port Bou to Bcn. In FR TER in ES  rodalies. Try to get up a bit early and on the rails asap.

AVE hi-speed treni run ev hour-or even more so after arr in BCN (SANTS-the local trenes make many more stops in a dusky and filthy tunnel) ask someone to let you out, go to right (grande recorrido) counter and ask when they have empty seats left on AVE to Mad. Should be about 11€=schon wieder ne blauer jespart

keine Ahnung, was du da für einen Blech laberst, aber du hilfst nicht.

For everybody else: I tried a couple more times at the SNCF hotline and ended up speaking to the sweetest lady on duty today. She booked all seats for me and even waited for them to arrive at my e-mail adress so we could go over them together again.

Thanks everybody.