Solved

Are reservations linked to a pass number

• Right on track
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I accidentaly bought the wrong pass so I’ve bought a new one and I’m currently waiting for a refund on the old one.

I noticed, when booking my seat reservations through the Interrail site, that it does not ask for a specific pass number at any point. Are seat reservations linked to a specific pass number or are they just linked to my account/my name? I’ve already purchased one reservation and I’m worried it will be linked to the pass I’m waiting to be refunded and not the new one.

I’m starting my trip in just a couple of weeks so I’m anxious ro make my reservations but not sure if I need to wait until my old pass is refunded.

The reservations I’ll be making are on the eurostar from london to paris and in france.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 5 May 2022, 13:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Only reservations made via Interrail for Italy will mention the pass number.

Thanks for your help!

@rvdborgt I have the same issue but in Italy - in your experience will anyone care if the pass number doesn’t match the reservation number? - the name will match but my daughter will be 12 when travelling so we are buying a new youth pass to use to travel, as before we bought a free child one as she was 11 at the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt I have the same issue but in Italy - in your experience will anyone care if the pass number doesn’t match the reservation number? - the name will match but my daughter will be 12 when travelling so we are buying a new youth pass to use to travel, as before we bought a free child one as she was 11 at the time.

AFAIK hey don't check.

You can also book Italian day trains on ticktss.oebb.at, which is cheaper since they don’t have a booking fee. They also don't need your pass number. Do NOT use "Seat reservation only” but add the Interrail/Eurail discount and select "One-way tickets and Day tickets”.