Can blue card holders use Interrail pass which is available for 3 months

Hi,

I am a blue card holder since 3 years in Germany and wanted to check if I can use Interrail pass which is available in discount for travel.

In the conditions of Interrail pass its mentioned that on Europe citizens ans permanent residents can use the pass. Hence wanted to check if we can use Interrail pass with bue card.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I don’t know what a blue card is. But you can read all about the country of residence here:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/interested-in-interrailing/what-is-my-country-of-residence

Most important is that you should be able to show an official document stating your country of residence.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If the blue card proves that you are a resident in Germany it should be fine. You need to be able to prove your country of residence if you not are a citizen of your country of residence.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi,

I am a blue card holder since 3 years in Germany and wanted to check if I can use Interrail pass which is available in discount for travel.

In the conditions of Interrail pass its mentioned that on Europe citizens ans permanent residents can use the pass. Hence wanted to check if we can use Interrail pass with bue card.

If you lived during those 3 years permanently in Germany you should be able to.
But keep in mind that it will NOT allow you to travel INSIDE Germany. Except for one in- and one outbound trip included in the pass during those 3 months. So you will need an extra ticket each time to get to the border if you don’t travel nonstop for 3 months outside Germany ^^.