Solved

Can I buy the Eurail pass in person?

• 30 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I need to know where to catch the eurail at in London city. I also need to know if a reservation is needed, and how to know if the train is booked. I would also need to know how soon before travel does the ticket need to be bought.

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 4 October 2022, 16:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Miyah Watson 

You can try looking for paper Passes direct at train station, but keep in mind that these are distributors and are not being bought directly with us. The fastest option to get into a train would be buying a Mobile Pass. From London to any city in Continental Europe, you might need a seat reservation. This you can do it through our booking Portal or B-Europe

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact customer service. We will be happy to assist you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Eurail passes can not be bought in person in London or elsewhere in UK.

Domestic trains in UK do not require reservations.

Eurostar trains to Continental Europe (France, Belgium, Netherlands) do require reservations.

Regular tickets can be bought up to departure, assuming seats on reservation compulsory trains are still available.

It is usually cheaper to buy tickets in advance.

Eurail passes are not a magic ticket that will avoid having to pre-book seats, reservations are still required for the same compulsory reservation trains and come with an additional cost. In some cases they are more restricted than regular tickets due to limited passholder quotas which can sell out before a train is full, Eurostar trains are one of the places where this is the case.

If you want specific advice then give more information on your plans and requirements.