Solved

Can I take multiple trains in the same country wit the Global Pass?

• 20 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi :)

I will soon do a big european trip with the 2 months global pass, and i have few questions about it and i didn’t find any answer.

1. During my trip, i wanted to stay in Milan, Rome and Venise in Italy, so i should take 2 different trains in Italy (Milan → Roma and Roma → Venise), is it possible with the pass? Or should i book one of them without the pass
  1. I will start my travel from Lyon (France), so i will come from Lyon then arrive to Lyon, i think it’s the Inbound/Outbound process and it will work with the pass, but can you confirm this?
  2.  Last question about booking, my trip will be from october to november, is it usefull to book ticket ? I mean it’s not the big time for travelling so maybe trains will be quite empty aren’t they?

Thank you for reading and have a nice day !

Regards,

Alexis

icon

Best answer by MartinM 20 September 2021, 12:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Alexis,

1. yes, you can make as many trips as you want during the validity period of your pass. If you have a flexi pass, then during the days that you put in your paper.
  2. Yes. Keep in mind that if you have a flexi pass (e.g. 5 days flexi), that this will be 2 days of your five days…
  3. Usually October and November aren’t busy months. Just avoid Fridays and Sundays, then shouldn’t be a problem to get reservations just at the station. On Fridays and Sundays some trains might be fully booked.

Have a good trip

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your answer it’s 100% more clear.

I wanted to purchase the 2 months global path, and i though there is an infinite number of travel days (during the 2months period) am i wrong ? 

Hi Alexis,

you are absolutely right. Just missed that when reading your questions ;-).
With the two month pass you can travel as much as you want during those two months :) Only limitation is in-/outbound trips in your home country… there is just one outbound and one inbound, but that you know I think :).

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your answer it’s 100% more clear.

I wanted to purchase the 2 months global path, and i though there is an infinite number of travel days (during the 2months period) am i wrong ?