Solved

Cancel return trip booked by mistake

Hi, I booked my return trip, but the day on the pass says today whereas I will be travelling tomorrow. Very strange, as I added it at 4pm with a departure time for 10.30am. I tried to cancel it immediately, but not possible. I contacted interrail via FB messenger and email, but it will take 4 days to get a reply... Anyone having an idea on how to solve this? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 July 2021, 21:19

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have a flexi pass where you choose the travel days? In that case, you can't cancel a travel day that has already started.

If you think there's a problem or bug in the app, then contact customer service.

I have a Global Pass /4 days. I have only used one day up to now, and only need to use one more day. So in theory, all fine. BUT I cannot enter a new trip back to my home country as today's wrongly entered trip (wrong date) is already added to the pass.

The bug in the app is that there is no warning that the start time is in the past (as I said I added the trip at 4pm with a start time of 10.30am) and that there is no pop-up "Do you really want to travel today". 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hm, that does sound like a usability issue at least. I think there should be a warning if you're adding a journey to your pass that starts before the current time. But I've just tested this and there's no warning indeed (I have a continuous pass so that doesn't cost me a day.)

I suggest to contact customer service.

Thanks a lot. I tried to contact them, but it might take four days to get a reply... We'll see how it goes tomorrow.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. Could you please provide me with your email address through a private message, so that we can assist you further. Cheers, 

Thanks! Message sent - would be great if you can help! 

All good now - thank you very much Nanja, it would not have been solved so easily without your support! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You're very welcome! Happy travels :smiley:

I see Nanja  helped someone with exact same issue a few mo ago. I had one travel day left and accidentally booked for today when should have been for tomorrow. Unfortunately I am not able to cancel and having rebook for tomorrow.  I was hoping someone might be able to help me today as well 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please contact customer service ASAP and ping @Leo when you've done that.

I sent massage to customer service but was not able to ping @Leo as I am here