Solved

Child passes not delivered. We want to have them added to our adult pass

Hello,

I have contacted customer service for over 10 days now and I have not received a response. I will be travelling to Europe and using the pass next week, so I’m really worried about when they will help fix my issue.

I bought 4 adult passes, 4 youth and 2 children but once I bought them the 2 children passes were not emailed to me and I just wanted to add the 2 child passes to one of the adult passes and receive help from customer service to fix this. I need this resolved as soon as possible, as we are travelling in a group and without the child passes I will not be able to take the 2 children with us on the train rides.

Thank you,

Mahiya

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 2 August 2022, 08:12

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Claudi. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I am so sorry that you have not been helped yet. Our customer service team is currently overwhelmed with an unprecedented high volume of requests at the moment which has unfortunately caused a backlog. We are working hard to helping everyone as soon as possible. Child passes need to be added to your order before checking out. Unfortunately we cannot add these passes once an order has been completed. You can arrange this through a pass exchange. Simply purchase new passes and be sure to include the child passes, get in touch with our customer service team with your old and new order numbers. We will then refund your old order. We do retain a €15 processing fee per pass. It might be useful to note that any reservations that you have will not be affected by a pass exchange. You can keep them as is. I will flag this for our team too to be handled asap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We do retain a €15 processing fee per pass. It might be useful to note that any reservations that you have will not be affected by a pass exchange. You can keep them as is. I will flag this for our team too to be handled asap. 

As I read the topic the traveller ordered the 2 child passes from the beginning but they were never delivered from Eurail. Then Eurail made an error and the traveller should not pay for the exchange.

@Claudi.  

Hello,

I have contacted customer service for over 10 days now and I have not received a response. I will be travelling to Europe and using the pass next week, so I’m really worried about when they will help fix my issue.

I bought 4 adult passes, 4 youth and 2 children but once I bought them the 2 children passes were not emailed to me and I just wanted to add the 2 child passes to one of the adult passes and receive help from customer service to fix this. I need this resolved as soon as possible, as we are travelling in a group and without the child passes I will not be able to take the 2 children with us on the train rides.

Thank you,

Mahiya

I had the exact same issue with the passes. 3 adults, 1 senior, and 2 children and the child passes were NOT in the email. Please, how do I get them to give me the two child passes I was supposed to receive? I have contacted customer service but the Bot said I have to exchange for new passes with the child passes. But wont I run into the exact same issue? The Bot assumed I did not add the children into the cart, but I DID. I was not emailed the passes for the 2 children. Please help. We leave in Dec 2022.

I am so sorry that you have not been helped yet. Our customer service team is currently overwhelmed with an unprecedented high volume of requests at the moment which has unfortunately caused a backlog. We are working hard to helping everyone as soon as possible. Child passes need to be added to your order before checking out. Unfortunately we cannot add these passes once an order has been completed. You can arrange this through a pass exchange. Simply purchase new passes and be sure to include the child passes, get in touch with our customer service team with your old and new order numbers. We will then refund your old order. We do retain a €15 processing fee per pass. It might be useful to note that any reservations that you have will not be affected by a pass exchange. You can keep them as is. I will flag this for our team too to be handled asap. 

Please confirm that “any reservations that you have will not be affected by a pass exchange.” Also, how to I get the 15 euros back when it was a Eurail error that caused my need to exchange tickets. Thank you so much for your time on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please confirm that “any reservations that you have will not be affected by a pass exchange.” Also, how to I get the 15 euros back when it was a Eurail error that caused my need to exchange tickets. Thank you so much for your time on this.

Reservations are only tied to your name, not to a pass. Exceptions are reservations for Italy done via Eurail.

If you think it's Eurail's error, then explain your case to customer support:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I had the exact same issue with the passes. 3 adults, 1 senior, and 2 children and the child passes were NOT in the email. Please, how do I get them to give me the two child passes I was supposed to receive? I have contacted customer service but the Bot said I have to exchange for new passes with the child passes. But wont I run into the exact same issue? The Bot assumed I did not add the children into the cart, but I DID. I was not emailed the passes for the 2 children. Please help. We leave in Dec 2022.

Did you enter all the information about the children when you ordered the passes? Can you see the information about the children's passes in your Eurail account?

Did you enter all the information about the children when you ordered the passes? Can you see the information about the children's passes in your Eurail account?

I cannot see the chilrden’s information in my euro account and now I have to fix our reservations to include children.

Reservations are only tied to your name, not to a pass. Exceptions are reservations for Italy done via Eurail.

If you think it's Eurail's error, then explain your case to customer support:

“Exceptions are reservations for Italy done via Eurail.” Please let me know what I can do, most are in Italy done via Eurail. Also, I need to get the child reservations as well, do I need to cancel/change one adult reservation and add 2 children to each (nine reservations)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I cannot see the chilrden’s information in my euro account and now I have to fix our reservations to include children.

But did you add the children's names and date of birth when you ordered the passes? 

If you didn't do that, then you haven't ordered any children's passes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can contact Customer Support through the form below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If the children between 4 and 12 years old, or if they are younger and need a seat of their own, they both need a children's pass and a seat reservation. 

If you haven't made reservation for the children, you need to do that. Most reservations can be made without a pass.

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Thank you @AnnaB , 

I have purchased the 4 new passes adding the names and dob of the children (yes I had done this the first time, but the passes for the choldren did not come in the email of the 4 adult passes, I assumed(woops) that kids ride free so I thought they were not in the email because they ride free. After purchasing the 36 seat reservations (4 aduld 9 reservations), I learned that children, though free, needed a reservation of there own (if required). So now I am in the horror of requested the exchange of the passes to try again for child passes... but I am now needing to ALSO get new reservations to include the two children. Why cant eurail just see my reserved seats and charge me for the two child reservations? They are saying I will have to cancel ALL, pay 25% of the reservations, just to then re-order new reservations to include the two children. The indivitual rail companies say I cannot exchange reservations to add kids with them as I "purchesed the reservations through an outside vendor (Eurail.com)" and they would have to do the exchange... but Eurail does not offer to exchange, only cancel.... in top of all that... I havr to cancel ALL 4 reservations, I cannot just cancel on and re-book just one to add 2 children with that one.... so very sad right now. 2 minths out from trip :( please tell me there is another way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

First of all. Don't make your new reservation through Eurail if not absolutely necessary. They charge an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train, which will add up to a lot for you.

Secondly, can't you just make 2 new reservation and keep the old reservations? Then you can try to swap seats with other travellers on the train.

What routes have you made reservations for? 

@AnnaB 

Thank you,

Not going to make new reservations unless it is for an even exchange. I thought I could not book two child reservations without an adult. I will try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@AnnaB

Thank you,

Not going to make new reservations unless it is for an even exchange. I thought I could not book two child reservations without an adult. I will try.

There are no special "child reservations".

@AnnaB

Thank you,

Child reservations on Thalys are a lower cost. How do they charge less if they don't designate it as a child reservation? Am I going through all this for naught?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@AnnaB

Thank you,

Child reservations on Thalys are a lower cost. How do they charge less if they don't designate it as a child reservation? Am I going through all this for naught?

Where are you getting these child reservations from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are no special reservation for children, not for Thalys or any other train.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Where have you found that there are special prices for child reservations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The problem may be that the full price tickets on the Thalys site do offer child prices for under 12s, but they need to be accompanied by a full fare adult equating to 100+ euros for 1 +2 , rather than the Global pass which allows pass holders to travel for” free “ but all passengers including children have to pay a reservation fee.

Note if you have global passes for all, including the children, you can buy 2 extra reservations from the site AnnaB has linked, without worrying about age. The category is passenger 4 - 88 yrs old.

The problem may be that the full price tickets on the Thalys site do offer child prices for under 12s, but they need to be accompanied by a full fare adult equating to 100+ euros for 1 +2 , rather than the Global pass which allows pass holders to travel for” free “ but all passengers including children have to pay a reservation fee.

Note if you have global passes for all, including the children, you can buy 2 extra reservations from the site AnnaB has linked, without worrying about age. The category is passenger 4 - 88 yrs old.

@AnnaB Any hope you know of a way to book with TGV (SNCF), Trenitalia? As that link worked wonderful for Thalys and I now have two tickets for my children, but I am running into others asking for age and not letting me book (as they think I do not have an adult going with them). Thank you so much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SNCF domestic trains:

https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

Trenitalia day trains:

https://tickets.oebb.at/

(Do NOT use "Seat only” but add the Interrail/Eurail discount to each passenger and then search for normal tickets.)

When booking as a child doesn't work, book as adults. The price will be the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For rides inside France with French TGV:

travel.b-europe website for national rides in France (4€ booking fee per booking, Pass Cover Number needed, request it here

For rides in Italy: 

Tutorial how to book

for italian trains you can use the website of Austrian Railways ÖBB, adding to the 2 people the discount “Interrail - Eurail Global Pass”. For Frecciarossa it costs 10€ /seat and IC 3€ /seat. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@PraNor What routes do you need to book?

@PraNor What routes do you need to book?

Bruxelles midi to Strasbourg.

It does not show up as an option on the link provided. When I go directly to the SNCF Connect website, it does show up, but does not let me put in my eurail pass. I so much appreciate your time on this.

Any ideas why the route does not show up?