Solved

Do I have to use a travel day for domestic transport in Switzerland

• 16 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Some conductors do not believe that all domestic transportation in Switzerland is included as long  as I have a valid Eurorail pass. They have harassed me and made me uncomfortable, how can I prove to them  my case? Please help!!!

Thanks, Mauricio Chamat

icon

Best answer by seewulf 16 September 2021, 03:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Its valid if you have a active travelday :) 

And you have to log each train to your traveldiary.  In General all "free offers" like for example the shiprides on Lake Thun or Lake Brienz need a travelday :)

Discounted ones like the train from Interlaken to Grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen  (25%) need no travwlday 

And with a Eurailpass not everything in Switzerland is included 😉 For example no Postauto (Bus) or Public transport in the City öike Tram or Trolleybus or the ships on Lake Leman und Lake Lucerne are not included :) 

There is a swiss own offer called SwissTravelpass this Covers wide more than Eurail in Switzerland. 

I can say that swiss conductors are one of the best informed about the different Railpasses 

I recommend to read the rules carefully otherwise you can get huge fines in Switzerland for traveling without a valid ticket. Here you can check the different Validityroutes of Interrail/Eurail and other swiss offers (for example Eurail includes only 2 Postauto (Swiss word for Bus ) lines ) SwissTravelpass includes wide more 

https://www.sbb.ch/de/bahnhof-services/am-bahnhof/bahnhoefe/karten-bahnhofplaene/trafimage-karten.html