Solved

Euro adventure

• 1 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Just joined your Community- thanks as many of my questions already answered thru other posts. I live in UK, planning on travelling to France (Strasbourg); Lucerne, Zermatt, then via Chur and Tirano to Milan, overnight to Vienna. I think a Global Pass is best.

Just checking

1.the Pass covers travel on Glacier and Bernina Express Trains (reservation costs extra)?

1. Does travel on the Gornagrat Railway count as a day of travel? I think the Pass gives discount on the fare?
  2.  the Pass is valid for outward /return travel in UK (1 day for each)?
  3. Even if I get a paper Pass, train reservations can still be made online?

Thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 1 November 2021, 14:15

View original

2 replies

Thank you! That’s very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi :)

1.)

Yes you need for the “panoramic train” reservations that can be bought directly without any service fee on their own pages :)  (I prefer the local trains as written in my post above)

Bernina Express (booking via Rhaetian Rail)

Glacier Express reservation

2.) The Gornergrat Rail offer no discount for Interrail & Eurail :/ (In General if it´s discount no travelday needed if something is for “free” you need a travelday ) The Jungfraubahnen (Top of Europe) offer a 20% discount but it´s a different area of Switzerland

3.) yes you have one Outbound and one inbound day with a Global pass please note that you still have to use a travelday of a Flexipass these Inbound/Outbound days are not ontop of it

4.) yes you can still reserve online even if you have a paperpass :) i prefer to reserve directly with the companies itself (where it´s posible) as Eurail charge a small service fee of 2€ per train :/