Skip to main content

I’m travelling mainly within France so I plan to get the Euro Rail Pass 6 days covering a few planned areas. So, my trip starts from Nice Italy to  Paris, Tour, Avignon, Annecy, Geneva fly back to Rome. Questions are :

1. If I bought 6 days but currently only have 5 designated places, I can still include one more day to anywhere around France? I only need to validate the e-ticket on the day I decided right?
  2. If I have stated Tour but end up I did not want to go there, can I choose another place?
  3. I am travelling from Paris to Loire Valley. I think the nearest city is Tour to Loire Valley. Any idea which city is best as a stopping point to visit Loire Valley. THANK YOU.

​​​​​Hi,

1. you don’t get e-tickets, you buy a pass, wich is valid: in 33 European countries (Eurail Global Pass), or only in France (Eurail One Country France). Your Ticket is the pass. For every trip you have to add the trains to the Railplanner app (till the scheduled departure of the train possible), and you are good to go. ATENTION: Some trains (like french high speed trains TGV) needs a reservation. This is extra to pay (like TGVs within France cost 10-20 EUR, International Trains from 13-35 EUR). You need to buy this often in advance to get a place, when places are sold out than you can’t get in the train. 
  2. Yes, see answer 1. 
  3. no idea, but maybe someone else can help you.

I am afraid Eurail offer 5 and 7 day passes, but not a 6 day.

With a mobile pass some answers for you.

When you add your pass to the App it will give you the choice of a name for your trip. There is one trip per pass and this is your “diary” of intended trains.

1 and 2 - You are in total control of your trip. Your trip can be added to and deleted at will. When you are ready to board a train you simply operate the slider and the App will automatically transfer it to your pass. If you then change your mind you simply move the slider back and add another alternative. Note once you have started a travel day you can’t cancel it after 2359 the day before.

If you change your mind on trains with a reservation you may lose the fee you paid, depending on the operator’s T&Cs, but you are not obliged to board if you change your mind.

Selamat malam dari disini (Espana). Sudah 2 bulan jalan ke pass. Sudah di KTMB.

@3.This city is named TourS, and is one of many that sits on the kali Loire. It does not really have a valley there, nor elsewhere, but it is mostly famous for its many Chateaux=Castles. These are from old barons/princes/knights (like tuan sultan) etc. and are spread out all along this river. These are the sights people go to-in fact the river as such is not overly scenic.

If you rather would like to see a river valley, Swiss is much better and FRance has it more along the Rhone, coming from the Swiss (from Lake Geneva) till Lyon.

For more general touristy info you had better go to a general site like tripadvisor-all common questions have already been posted and answered dozens of times.

PS-if you have not yet booked the flite GNV-ROM< the train is a good alt for this-only 1 change in Milano and has in IT the ´Frecce´=superfast kereta api. (but no api, all listrik). + very nice views in Swiss of: the Rhone valley! (its starting part).

Also: Nice is IN FR. The order you mention the cities is not the best for travel-it means zig-zag a lot. To cut travel time do like: come from Italy (this is slow train along coast)-Nice-Avignon-superfast TGV to P (+ Loire sidetrip if wanted)-TGV to Annecy-Gnv. The TGV you must REServe, the others not needed.

TOurs from P has both TGV (about ev hour) OR slower regional trains-these give much more sights, incl a part along the Loire, are slower but also without RES needed. (Named TER in Fr).

Selamat jalan, lah!

I am afraid Eurail offer 5 and 7 day passes, but not a 6 day.

With a mobile pass some answers for you.

When you add your pass to the App it will give you the choice of a name for your trip. There is one trip per pass and this is your “diary” of intended trains.

1 and 2 - You are in total control of your trip. Your trip can be added to and deleted at will. When you are ready to board a train you simply operate the slider and the App will automatically transfer it to your pass. If you then change your mind you simply move the slider back and add another alternative. Note once you have started a travel day you can’t cancel it after 2359 the day before.

If you change your mind on trains with a reservation you may lose the fee you paid, depending on the operator’s T&Cs, but you are not obliged to board if you change your mind.

Thank you, it has been really helpful. Cheers!

Selamat malam dari disini (Espana). Sudah 2 bulan jalan ke pass. Sudah di KTMB.

@3.This city is named TourS, and is one of many that sits on the kali Loire. It does not really have a valley there, nor elsewhere, but it is mostly famous for its many Chateaux=Castles. These are from old barons/princes/knights (like tuan sultan) etc. and are spread out all along this river. These are the sights people go to-in fact the river as such is not overly scenic.

If you rather would like to see a river valley, Swiss is much better and FRance has it more along the Rhone, coming from the Swiss (from Lake Geneva) till Lyon.

For more general touristy info you had better go to a general site like tripadvisor-all common questions have already been posted and answered dozens of times.

PS-if you have not yet booked the flite GNV-ROM< the train is a good alt for this-only 1 change in Milano and has in IT the ´Frecce´=superfast kereta api. (but no api, all listrik). + very nice views in Swiss of: the Rhone valley! (its starting part).

Also: Nice is IN FR. The order you mention the cities is not the best for travel-it means zig-zag a lot. To cut travel time do like: come from Italy (this is slow train along coast)-Nice-Avignon-superfast TGV to P (+ Loire sidetrip if wanted)-TGV to Annecy-Gnv. The TGV you must REServe, the others not needed.

TOurs from P has both TGV (about ev hour) OR slower regional trains-these give much more sights, incl a part along the Loire, are slower but also without RES needed. (Named TER in Fr).

Selamat jalan, lah!

Selamat tengahari dari Malaysia. Thank you so much for your detailed routes. Reason for going Loire Valley is to visit those castles which we always watch on fairy tales! Yes, mine is like zig-zag and makan masa on traveling alot. Will take your advice. Terima kasih!