Ferry from Itay to Greece with 2 One Country Passes.

Hi, my friend and I were planning on traveling from Rome to Thessaloniki this summer. I already saw that with a Global Pass the ferry between Italy and Greece is free. However we were planning on buying 2 One Country Passes instead of 1 Global Pass because it is cheaper that way. Will the ferry between Italy and Greece still be free if we buy 2 One Country Passes (for Greece and Italy)?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Bestway is to ask the operating ferry company directly how they would handle it.

according the offical rules and terms you would only get a discount

(advantage it wouldn´t take a travelday of your Greek One Country pass)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jasperyou may consider to take the Balkan Flexipass 🙂 Pretty cheap 😃 and it´s include a ferry crossing from Italy to Greece :)

Balkan Flexipass Guide from TrainOSE (GreekRail)

Price list from Montenegro´s Rail Company

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Jasperyou may consider to take the Balkan Flexipass 🙂 Pretty cheap 😃 and it´s include a ferry crossing from Italy to Greece :)

Balkan Flexipass Guide from TrainOSE (GreekRail)

Price list from Montenegro´s Rail Company

But attention, Balkan Flexipass has also a homecountry rule like interrail. But in Balkan Flexipass, the country where you buyed it is “your homecountry”!

And since you need it before entering the balkans, you need to use some ripoff agency since the participating railway companies dont sell it online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And since you need it before entering the balkans, you need to use some ripoff agency since the participating railway companies dont sell it online.

You can also buy it here:

https://www.happyrail.com/en/pass/europe/pass-for-balkan/balkan-flexi-pass