Solved

Gatwick Express to London included?

• 13 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Is the Gatwick Express train to London included with a Eurail Global Pass?

icon

Best answer by Al_G 13 July 2022, 21:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes.

Best advice for Gatwick is to get the first fast train (any train with at most 2 intermediate stops between Gatwick and London Victoria)

There is nothing luxurious or special about the Gatwick Express branded trains these days.

Also depending on where you are going it may be a better option to use Thameslink trains to London Bridge, Blackfriars, St. Pancras instead.

Is the Eurail Global Pass valid on the Thameslink train from Gatwick to St. Pancras to catch the Eurostar?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes.

Thank you.

Yes.

I have read online that it’s not…..and on the Eurail app if you try to look up Gatwick to St. Pancras it will not show the trip.  I’m looking to do this route in 10 days with my wife and two kids.  We have the 2 month Global pass and are trying to get to Eurostar where we have a reservation.  Would sure be nice not have to have spend almost 39 pounds just to get to St. Pancras,

Can anyone confirm????

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes.

I have read online that it’s not…..and on the Eurail app if you try to look up Gatwick to St. Pancras it will not show the trip.  I’m looking to do this route in 10 days with my wife and two kids.  We have the 2 month Global pass and are trying to get to Eurostar where we have a reservation.  Would sure be nice not have to have spend almost 39 pounds just to get to St. Pancras,

AFAIK Eurail is valid in Gatwick Express. But it runs to London Victoria, not to St. Pancras. 

I addition, what the rail planner app says is not really relevant because it is not reliable. It should therefore not be used to plan. It's much better to plan with national websites or apps (e.g. http://nationalrail.co.uk/ for GB). For international travel, the Deutsche Bahn website or DB Navigator app is a good choice. They're all much more up to date than the rail planner app.

From Gatwick Airport to London St Pancras there are direct Thameslink services. They're included in the pass. If they're missing in the rail planner app, just add your train manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I suspect you are confusing Heathrow with Gatwick. Heathrow express is not within the Global Pass.

As previous posts state you can board any train at Gatwick, but for Eurostar you should get a Thameslink direct to St Pancras, otherwise you need to get across London by Underground at a cost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I suspect you are confusing Heathrow with Gatwick. Heathrow express is not within the Global Pass.

They still mention "Eurail” on their website...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here's the answer from Eurail regarding this matter.

https://community.eurail.com/eurail-interrail-passes-41/does-eurail-global-pass-really-include-the-heathrow-express-2385?postid=17481#post17481