Solved

Global pass

• 16 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi .. Can i purchase global pass at Larissa station because i don't to buy in advance ? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 18 October 2022, 13:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Larissa is a own in Greece? Or you mean something else.

We do not know, but guess canNOT-as paper passes (and I see anda dari negeri Malaysia, so EUrail) are since the new mobile psses came are still only sold at a very few very big stesyens.

The mobile pass that mist now use can be bought online and you get it in a few moments-then can activate it. Selamat jalan, lah!

I m bit worry to get mobile pass because maybe my mobile data does not work in overseas .

What other option i have ? Can i buy after reach Athens or Paris ? Would that be better idea ...pls assist

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There are a few options for accessing the Internet with a mobile phone in Europe.

Assuming roaming is super expensive you can buy a pay as you go sim with reasonable charges for data and no contract. Alternatively you can access data hotspots and Wi-fi in many hotels and cafes. Even on some trains we have free wi-fi.

The mobile app needs to be online at least once every 3 days during your travels, otherwise you can use it offline.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The mobile app needs to be online at least once every 3 days during your travels, otherwise you can use it offline.

If you have a flexi pass you also need to be online to activate a travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And to generate the barcode after adding the first train of the day. This is also true for a continuous pass (I tested it).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And to generate the barcode after adding the first train of the day. This is also true for a continuous pass (I tested it).

@rvdborgt So actually it is not true that you can use the pass offline for 72 hours. The offline mode only works if you have added your journeys, activated your travel days and created the first ticket for the day before you went offline.

@Ravisubra Hello! Thank you for your question! You could buy a Paper Pass in the main train station in Athens, but I cannot guarantee if they still sell these. I would opt for a mobile Pass instead! You can activate it anytime within 11 months after purchase.

@mcadv Larissa is a city in Greece :)