Solved

Global Pass covid 19

• 14 July 2021
  • 6 replies

I have a global pass with no activation date but it say it must be activated before 04 Dec 2020. Some passes were extended another year due to COVID19. I dont know if my pass is one of them

icon

Best answer by Nanja 16 July 2021, 17:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Correct, if purchased though our website directly, Passes without an activation date will automatically have an additional 12 months added to the original 11 months overall validity. You do not need to do anything else and may activate your Pass up to 12 months after the "Must be activated before" date on your Pass at a train station in Europe. 

Hi I check and it say if I don’t have a pre activation  date on my pass I will be granted 11 months from the fave to be activated date. Is this correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The normal deadline for exchanging or returning your Pass has been extended, so you can request an exchange or refund up until September 1st, 2021 if you purchased your Pass on or after June 1st, 2019 and before April 1st, 2020. Looking at your date of purchase, this applies to you as well. 

Do note that you will need to get touch with our Customer Support team to process your Pass exchange. You can do that by submitting your request here. You can select a start date for your journey that is up to 11 months from your exchange date. Please keep in mind that a Pass exchange takes at least 3 weeks. 

Addition: Passes without an activation date will automatically have an additional 12 months added to the original 11 months overall validity. You do not need to do anything else and may activate your Pass up to 12 months after the "Must be activated before" date on your Pass at a train station in Europe. 

Note: If you have purchased your Pass from another website or directly from a rail carrier at a train station, please contact the seller directly for the fastest response time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please check:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/travel-disruptions/coronavirus-update?ghjk

Hi, Thank you for replying, I purchase the ticket on January 6, 2020. But the pandemic came and we all know what happened. My ticket it a Global Pass but it is not activated. It does say it has to be activated before Dec, 2020. I am planing on traveling next week. Because I didn't activated when purchase I hope it qualify for the extra moths extension they offer. 

Thanks again for helping 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Evelyn Castillo , let me look into it for you. What date did you purchase your Pass?