Solved

Making reservations before paper pass is delivered

• 5 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Attempted to purchase a paper Global Pass on the Eurail website. Delivery for the paper pass is not until October 2. Our Travel isnt until early December, however, I have two trains that will require a reservation, and would like to do that before the paper ticket arrives, as I dont want to find out later there are no seats available for passholders.

My question is if I go ahead and purchase the paper ticket now, with delivery much later, can I get the required pass number to go ahead with my reservations?

I really do not want to get a mobile pass. I do understand some folks have had good luck with it, and some not so much. Just prefer the paper.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Al_G 5 August 2022, 18:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, that pass cover nr only comes with the pass.

BUT there are ample ways to RES without that nr-again, it seems we have to tell anyone separately-and noone seems to think of the slight chance that it all has been asked before-many times: in most cases it means call SNCF or B-Rail. But without exact details impossible to tell exactly!

Live in the United States

Only trains we need a reservation for is a Eurostar London to Paris (which requires a pass number to book), and a SNCF TGV, Paris to Colmar, (which needs to be reserved on the Eurail reservation site, and needs a number)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Eurostar reservations

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

use: I11111111 as pass cover number.

French reservations

https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv?#TravelWish

Thank You!

I did a “dummy” test booking with pass cover number you sent.  And it worked!

Is there any issues linking up reservation with the “dummy” number, and the real pass cover number when I recieve the pass in the mail.   Just wanting to make sure.  Since it the pass cover number and my printed reservation number would be different or does it even matter.

Thanks again!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

No issue, the number is just used to verify you have a pass to enable the reservation, it is not printed on the res or linked to your pass by number.

No issue, the number is just used to verify you have a pass to enable the reservation, it is not printed on the res or linked to your pass by number.

Great thanks again.  

I have now purchased my global paper pass, delivery is October 6, and I also purchased the reservations I wanted for both the Eurostar, and the TGV.  Used the passcode you listed, went without a hitch.  

now just waiting on pass to arrive.  As mentioned trip isn’t until December, but gives me something to worry about😄

@twssas Can I find out if you had any problems booking Eurostar with a dummy PCN - just before  I do it?

Hope you had a good trip. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@twssas Can I find out if you had any problems booking Eurostar with a dummy PCN - just before  I do it?

The PCN does not show up on the Eurostar reservation and there's no way to verify it for Eurostar staff. Nor do they care. They just check you have a reservation and a valid pass.