Solved

Greek Island Pass available to purchase in Italy?

• New aboard
  • 0 replies

Hello,

My partner and I are looking for a Greek island pass (6-day). Unfortunately, we didn’t buy the pass before we started traveling and are now unable to receive one as the shipping time is 1 month. We are currently in Italy (Milano) and were hoping to buy one here but they all seem very confused at the station. Is there anywhere in Italy that we can buy such pass? Preferably around Milano or Rome. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 5 June 2022, 00:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My partner and I are looking for a Greek island pass (6-day). Unfortunately, we didn’t buy the pass before we started traveling and are now unable to receive one as the shipping time is 1 month. We are currently in Italy (Milano) and were hoping to buy one here but they all seem very confused at the station. Is there anywhere in Italy that we can buy such pass? Preferably around Milano or Rome.

Trenitalia should be able to sell it, including at Milano Centrale station.

In their Interrail FAQ, Trenitalia mention the complete series of Interrail passes here. Almost at the bottom, the Greek Islands passes are listed.

And then they say they sell Interrail passes at the Trenitalia ticket offices and authorised travel agents. They give a list of their sales points, here are the ticket offices in Lombardia (including Milano Centrale) and here in Lazio (including Roma Termini).

Maybe it helps if you show them some of their own information...

Hi. I will be travelling in Greece in one week, so it is too late to ship the Greek island pass. Do you know if there is any way to purchase this pass once I arrive in Athens? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, there is not. Plus that it saves only perhaps a very few €.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I see you're from Denmark, so you can also ask DSB. They sell Interrail passes at some of their ticket offices and the Greek Islands pass is part of the standard range of passes.

Hello,

My partner and I are looking for a Greek island pass (6-day). Unfortunately, we didn’t buy the pass before we started traveling and are now unable to receive one as the shipping time is 1 month. We are currently in Italy (Milano) and were hoping to buy one here but they all seem very confused at the station. Is there anywhere in Italy that we can buy such pass? Preferably around Milano or Rome. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards 

at the end did u try with trenitalia?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi. I will be travelling in Greece in one week, so it is too late to ship the Greek island pass. Do you know if there is any way to purchase this pass once I arrive in Athens? 

Greek Island passes should be available for purchase at most major train stations in Greece. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Greek Island passes should be available for purchase at most major train stations in Greece. 

@Claudi. 

That’s what one would expect indeed and that was still the case in 2020. However, last year there were multiple reports in this community from people who had tried that and got the information that Greek railways didn't sell the Greek Islands pass.

So it would be good if anyone could report back when they tried to buy this pass in Greece.