Solved

Greek Islands Eurail Pass

• 7 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

How do I activate my Greek Islands Eurail pass? 

I wish to use it mid September. When is the best time to activate it and how do I do that? 

because I want to make reservations on the ferries that’s why. 

Thank you for guiding me. 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 7 August 2022, 19:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

THIS pass only comes as paper-and thus cannot even be activated. It starts on the day that you chose yourself when buying.

If you are one of those who get too anxious if it is not done weeks before: when you start making the 1st RES it will guide you via a few steps-as about any booking for a new person has. It is-surprise, surprise, in GR very normal to just go to quayside and buy ticket for next-just as you would do for a SNCF-TER.

DO NOte; the experienced TRAIN users have NO exp with this pass-we only see heaps of people in various states of desperateness asking things noone can solve and reports about things going wrong-or maybe not but they are unaware about howtodo. There is also no guidance from the ferries or service here. It will only give minimal savings-at the cost of being tied to a few ferries-there may be others far better/more convenient. So think again if you have not yet bought.

But they also never let know how things went and/or how they finally did solve-or not these problems. So we also do not gain more knowledge.

We have already bought. 

I am trying to reserve seat on the ferry online - although it’s removing the ferry fare when I input which pass im holding, I cant understand which document ID to put in as it keeps saying invalid. 

Do you know about this? I dont have the train pass - I have the ferry pass for Greek islands

Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What does the text say when asking for a document ID?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For any future travellers: the Superfast website wants the pass cover number where they write "document ID”.