Solved

How to report train companies where mobile app not recognised?

• 30 September 2021
  • 5 replies

How can I report train companies where the mobile app should be recognised but isn’t?

Examples include;

Poland - Polregio (several other friends have reported problems here too)

UK - All of them that I tried - Avanti West Coast, LNER, Trans Pennine Express, Thameslink, Southern.

Fortunately since I was born in the UK, I was able to explain. Someone whose English wasn’t as good might have problems.

Perhaps you might consider providing some text in each of the local languages that the passholder can show at a ticket check if there’s a problem?

icon

Best answer by Nanja 1 October 2021, 12:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Experiencing this live in Poland on Polregio: They cant scan the pass. Most inspectors have had a look and let use ride but one didnt know the ticket and didnt speak a word of english.

Is Polregio the right party to receive a refund for the ticket we were forced buy as a result?

You should claim a refund from Interrail for the ticket you had to buy.

Use the form in the link below to contact Customer Support. Give as much details about the train where your pass wasn't accepted as you can and add a picture or similar of the ticket you had to buy.

Also add information about the trains where they couldn't scan your pass but where you could travel anyway. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Experiencing this live in Poland on Polregio: They cant scan the pass. Most inspectors have had a look and let use ride but one didnt know the ticket and didnt speak a word of english.

Is Polregio the right party to receive a refund for the ticket we were forced buy as a result?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you for the additional information. I will take that along. Have a great weekend! 

@Nanja The barcode readers just don’t get any information from the barcode in the pass. A UK guard showed me the display of his reader yesterday - just “no information” everywhere. It looks like they need to do a software update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hii, thanks for providing your feedback. If there are more, next the examples you mentioned, do let me know here or via a private message. I will pass on the information to the relevant team, so that they can investigate it with the mentioned carriers and take actions accordingly. Cheers,