Solved

How travel days are counted for the Global Pass

• 28 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, i’m about to take my interrail pass but i’m wondering,

when the journey is very long like Budapest to Split ( in Croatia) and we have like 4 changes and 13 hours of train, it still count as 1 trip for the Global Pass or for 2 when it’s starts one day and end the next.

Thanks for your help, i just want to be sure before taking the right ticket !

icon

Best answer by Nanja 30 June 2021, 12:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

when the journey is very long like Budapest to Split ( in Croatia) and we have like 4 changes and 13 hours of train, it still count as 1 trip for the Global Pass or for 2 when it’s starts one day and end the next.

Interrail doesn't count trips or trains but travel days. You can use as many trains on a travel day as you like.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks for your help, i just want to be sure before taking the right ticket !

@Violette Mével  you may consider to take the direct Nighttrain of MAV between Split and Budapest Adriatic Nighttrain of MAV (Hungarian Rail)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Violette, rvdborgt is right. With the Interrail Pass you have a certain number of travel days. A travel day is a 24-hour period in which you can travel on trains with your Interrail Pass. It lasts from 00:00 (midnight) to 23:59 on the same calendar day. On each travel day, you have access to the train networks where your Interrail Pass is valid.Cheers, :relaxed: